Move over HDTV here comes SHV.

5 answers Last reply
More about move hdtv
  1. Sounds good, but since HDTV is being deployed in the US, I doubt any broadcasters, satellite providers, or cable providers are going to invest in switching to yet another technology. I would really like to see that picture in person. :D
  2. True, they still have not completed the transition of over the air analog to digital yet. I also would like to see the SHV, Four times the resolution... 8O
  3. Quote:
    An uncompressed SHV signal has a bit-rate of 24G bps (bits per second) and that's unmanageable for broadcasting systems. It needs to be compressed. But real-time encoding and decoding of such a high-bandwidth signal is also a challenge.

Uhhhh, YOU THINK?!?! 24Gbps?!?!?! Hahahahahahahaha!

I haven't even bought an HDTV yet, let alone be concerned about the next gen broadcast standard. Heck, the FCC is still flip-flopping with broadcasters about switching from analog to HDTV. Plan on HDTV being the standard in the U.S. for a long, long time.
  4. this sort of thing would work as an on-demand service

it is bad enough to have 720p & 1080i broadcast
  5. I can't see any provider supplying that much bandwidth for a single feed, at least not any time soon they already have a difficult enough time providing 1080p content. And the FCC is not pushing HDTV, their pushing DTV.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards HDTV Graphics