My new PC freezes up randomly. HELP.

G

Randomly my pc will freeze up. The screen turns a solid color(grey,black,white,red,tan etc) and continue to loop the last noise made. If there was no noise, it is silent.

Ok so what do you guys think is wrong? Are there tests i can run to see if everything is working properly? What should i do?

IT happens frequently an i want it to stop.

I Built my pc 3 months ago, this happening is scaring the crap out of me.

Hubster911

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I've had the exact same thing happen to me, and I haven't figured it out yet. My computer ran great for the first month, but it's been freezing much more often lately. List what your computer specs are, and we'll compare them.

Mine is configured as follows:

Asus Striker II Extreme motheroard with the Nvidia 790i chip set.
2 1-gig Palit 8800GT graphic cards running in SLI
Intel Quad Core 9450 (not overclocked)
Asetek Liqid cooler
2 500-gig Western Digital hard drives (7200rpm) in RAID
4-gig Corsair DDR3 1333 Memory
Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit)

I haven't yet tried a Bios update for the Striker II motherboard, but I've got a feeling that might work.

Also, I've heard of compatability problems with 64-bit Vista and the 8800GT cards.

nick7nitro

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I've have the same problem and dont know what it is?

Asus P5Q-E P45 chipset
Force3d Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
Intel Core 2 Quad 9400 (not overclocked)
1x 250 gig HDD Seagate
2x 500 gig HDD Seagate & Samsung
4x 1gig ram DDR2 800 ( 3 are Apacer and 1 Winchip)
Vista Ultimate 64bit
800 Watts PSU ( Entry level PSU)

Plz Help?????

I havent updated my bios and my bios setting is set to default

If it freezes on audio, then your sound card or drivers are suspect. Update the drivers and see if it helps.

There are no compatibility issues with 8800GT cards and 64-bit Vista. I know, because that's precisely what I'm running. There might be some issues with SLI that I don't know about because I'm not running an SLI config.

To the last poster, you might want to consider making sure all of your RAM is installed in matched pairs... especially if you're running in dual-channel mode. It wouldn't hurt to update your BIOS either.

OverMass

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Randomly my pc will freeze up. The screen turns a solid color(grey,black,white,red,tan etc) and continue to loop the last noise made. If there was no noise, it is silent.

Ok so what do you guys think is wrong? Are there tests i can run to see if everything is working properly? What should i do?

IT happens frequently an i want it to stop.

I Built my pc 3 months ago, this happening is scaring the crap out of me.

I have the same problem I have heard that if you reset the CMOS it stops. I have not yet tried this yet but i will

system specs
AMD PhenomII X4
Nvidia gtx550ti
8gb of ram
250gb WD HD
and a wireless card

I had windows 7 installed and then i installed win8 and still had the problem.
Im a music producer, THIS PROBLEM IS ANNOYING!!!!!!