Rear-Projection Help Needed

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 13, 2005 9:23:25 PM

Ok, I'm pretty inexperienced with rear-projection televisions, but I'm
having a major problem with a 2-month old Toshiba 51" HDTV TheaterWide
rear-projection television. For the first couple of months, the television
was great- about 2 weeks ago I began experiencing a strange problem. When I
first turn the television on, the picture goes from edge to edge, however
the convergence is way out alignment. I go into the menu and run the
TouchFocus feature to bring the television convergence back into alignment.
After about 5 minutes of having the television on, the screen will start
shrinking unitl I have bars about 1.5" on each side and the convergence goes
way out of alignment again. No matter what option I use from the menu, I
cannot bring the screen back to full-size. The problem is the same no matter
what video source I use. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be
causing this? Please email me at jasonprussell@comcast.net

More about : rear projection needed

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 11:00:22 PM

Set should still be under manufacturer't warrenty, may be advised to contact
service and have it checked out?? Check for possible tube leakage on the pc
boarda, etc. Also sounds as if the power supply (regulated B+) is varying.

!