Unable to see Java Applets in IE7

a048420t

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
solution to get ie7 to show java applets:

Tools; Internet Options; Programs; Manage Add-Ons; insure Java ActiveX controls are all enabled.

FYI: This path showed more Java options than going to Tools; Manage Add-Ons which never gave me the option of enabling an activeX control for Java Platform SE Binary. Once I activated that, the applets began showing and working. All the other suggestions regarding setting the options under advanced (use java applet) and security / custom re: allow java scripts did NOT correct the problem until I found this way to enable the activeX control.

Hope this helps others who have been searching as long as I to find a way to make this work. the clue was that Firefox and Chrome worked the java applets fine but IE7 didn't.

NCC

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Thanks so much for posting this!!! Thanks to you I was able to fix my problem in no time.

Java was working for me in Firefox but not in IE7 and when I went to the Java site it didn't detect Java on my system at all. I re-downloaded it and it still wasn't working in IE7... until I enabled one of the Java ActiveX controls as per your instructions.

mmthree

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I do not have this Activex control for Java listed in my add on's. How do I get it so I can active it?
Thanks so much
Dave
P.S. You got it, my applets do not work.

G

Hi,

Applets working fine in IE8 and firefox 3.5 also without configuration done

why u r having problem