dave2525

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
after laughing at me for some time,,, plz consider helping!
i was trashing unused folders/files in windows vista home premium when i foolishly deleted some part of wga ( i thought the folder name was something about "store") the next reboot i was nagged to run wga and i got some failure message... i have the drive cloned about 6 mos ago...
so basically i was wanting help in copying, if possible my former wga settings from the cloned drive which is easily accessible with a usb adapter
i know i could just used the cloned drive, but i have alot of customizing i would lose
thanks,
dave 2525

Windows update might reinstall WGA... but I don't know for sure. Since I've never seen it updated in Vista, I'm guessing that you may have to repair the OS to get WGA back. Try the update route first, though... you might get lucky.

dave2525

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
zoron,
thanks for the fast reply...i will try both suggestions, starting with the update route...windows update wanted to activate again and asked for the product id, which was on the bottom of the laptop and worn/smudge badly... used jellybean to get the id and will try that
thanks