How to make deleted files unrecoverable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

malael

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
hi guys i would like to know if there is a free program that takes deleted files and makes them unrecoverable for windows 7 i know when you delete them from the recycle bin there not really "deleted" they just change the structure so it can be rewrited over. thats why i want to know if you guys know of any software that takes those deleted files and makes them completely unrecoverable without having to reformat my entire comp thank you guys in advance.

malael

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
wow dont reply unless your serious. please dont waste my time or yours. my computer was hacked into recently and a couple of deleted files containing my social and credit card info somehow was taken i got the problem fixed but i want to save myself from future attacks.

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
In a way area51 is correct, unless it is dug up.

You can use software such as eraser to delete sensitive material from your pc. instead of using the windows delete function you use eraser.

This will work perfectly to protect you from consumer lever recovery techniques, but be sure that industry standard forensic techniques will unmask any activity recorded on the HDD.

http://www.snapfiles.com/opinions/Eraser/Eraser.html

malael

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
how would i be safe then? if the program still allows files to be recoverable by industry standard forensics then theres no point. if huge corporations that make anti viruses get obliterated by hackers all the time and identity theft is still on the rise why would you recommend a product that only masks deleted files that only true hackers can recover. its my privacy i dont think any industry should have the right to view any documents i delete. its like recommending and extremely sub par firewall so that any regular Joe cant see what your doing but the government can what are we communist? but its ok ill do the research myself i just thought people on here cared about their privacy just as much as i do. thanks anyway

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
It's not that way by design, it's just the nature of the beast.

Someone writing on a notepad doesn't intend for the next person that comes along to rub charcoal on the next page to see what was wriiten on it previously, but they can. And the notepad makers don't design their pad to do this.

Computer hardware is the same.

Actually, many comanies will literally have the HDD's from their PC's shredded before they pass them along. It is the only surefire way to make the data unrecoverable.

Status
Not open for further replies.