john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My original HDD had become quite full so I installed a new 80Gig drive and
decided to make it master and old one as slave.Loaded the OS on new drive
which is F and old one is |C.My question is can I swap drive letters?

No. you can't..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"john" <johnw@ecom.net> wrote in message
> My original HDD had become quite full so I installed a new 80Gig drive and
> decided to make it master and old one as slave.Loaded the OS on new drive
> which is F and old one is |C.My question is can I swap drive letters?

If you want Windows XP on drive C: you have to install it to drive C:

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"john" <johnw@ecom.net> wrote in message
> My original HDD had become quite full so I installed a new 80Gig drive and
> decided to make it master and old one as slave.Loaded the OS on new drive
> which is F and old one is |C.My question is can I swap drive letters?

Paul

Splendid

"john" <johnw@ecom.net> wrote in message
> My original HDD had become quite full so I installed a new 80Gig drive and
> decided to make it master and old one as slave.Loaded the OS on new drive
> which is F and old one is |C.My question is can I swap drive letters?

Wouldn't it be easier to use to set the 80 gig drive as master, plug it into
where the cd rom is and use Symantec Ghost clone the smaller drive to the 80
gig drive........... and then replace the smaller drive with the 80 gig
drive.

An other program that works well in partitioning a drive is Partition Magic.
It is really easy to partition a drive with the Operating system on it. I
have created a patrtition on a 120 meg drive for data using Partition Magic
and it works just fine. I would suggest you just replace the old drive with
a large a drive that the P3 will handle it and then partition it the way you
want it. You only need about 20Mb for the XP operating system and if you
only have about four or five other programs you can easily fit them into a C
partition which is usually reserved for the operating system

Luckeyo