Sony VAIO VGN-Z690 driver help.

I just got the VGN-Z690 customizable Z series VAIO. I want to put in Vista Ultimate 32-bit to get a fresh start but unfortunately they don't offer it for my version of Vista. They have and "only compatible" with are XP, Business 32-bit, Home Premium 64-bit and Ultimate 64-bit. Their tech support, which is as always lacking, told me they don't have any drives or software utilities for Ultimate 32-bit. I thought that drivers and utilities are categorize in either 32-bit or 64-bit and Vista and XP versions. I didn't know that Vista made it more complicated with pre-built system to have different drivers for each of the versions of the same OS. I don't know if Sony is the only one doing this or the tech support from them just don't know. Maybe it's just me. If I do go on and install my version of Vista, would I be able to use the Business drivers and utilities as it's a 32-bit version? Any other help would really appreciate it. By the way, is their an application that will let me know what drivers I need in my computer?
3 answers Last reply
More about sony vaio z690 driver help
  1. Yes, it's called Windows Updates that downloads & installs updates & drivers.
  2. Does it actual find the drivers unlike with the XP version? I have doubt that it will find all of it and any specific utilities that will go with that components.

By the way here's the latest from Sony Support:

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I'm sorry that the previous response didn't resolve the issue. The device drivers and/or software updates are Operating System specific, they may not be compatible with the alternate Windows platforms. Unfortunately, due to the significant hardware requirements of Microsoft's Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit environment, Sony can offer no assistance for any installation or hardware compatibility issues for the Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit on your model.

Thank you for understanding.

The Sony Email Response Team
    C6Q4
    Christopher
  3. Yes, it does. Nobody uses it. That's sad. The drivers are WHQL certified. Quaranteed to work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHQL_Testing
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows Vista Sony Vaio