Windows XP General Newsgroup freezing

Hi
I am posting here because as the subject tells you, over the past 15 minutes
every time I try to open messages in the General Newsgroup, after the first
or second message is opened, the page freezes and I have to use Device
Manager to close the website and start again. Clearly this is not happening
on XP Basics or I wouldn't be posting this. Can some kind person tell me what
might be causing this problem?
--
Neil UK

The general newsgroup tends to be one of those that receives a lot of posts,
so you might want to compact it.
First, to do this, from where you have all your newsgroups, inboxes, etc,
click on all of the - ( minus signs) until the only thing showing is Outlook
Express, then from the file menu click Off Line. Then, from the file menu
click on folders and select compact all folders.
That should do it for you.
"Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am posting here because as the subject tells you, over the past 15
> minutes
> every time I try to open messages in the General Newsgroup, after the
> first
> or second message is opened, the page freezes and I have to use Device
> Manager to close the website and start again. Clearly this is not
> happening
> on XP Basics or I wouldn't be posting this. Can some kind person tell me
> what
> might be causing this problem?
> --
> Neil UK

Hi Neil,

The web interface continues to cause issues, try using a newsreader instead:
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Neil UK" <NeilUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I am posting here because as the subject tells you, over the past 15
> minutes
> every time I try to open messages in the General Newsgroup, after the
> first
> or second message is opened, the page freezes and I have to use Device
> Manager to close the website and start again. Clearly this is not
> happening
> on XP Basics or I wouldn't be posting this. Can some kind person tell me
> what
> might be causing this problem?
> --
> Neil UK

Thank you both for your responses, which I will work with.
--
Neil UK