ASUS P5B-Deluxe Overclocking

Hello! Newbie poster here with some questions,

I've spent the past couple of weeks doing research and reading some of the posts here and at xtremesystems.org and I'm trying to get as much information as possible on my specific configuration before trying any overclocking (especially since I'm running on stock air cooling).

My System
Motherboard: ASUS P5B-Deluxe/Wifi-AP
BIOS Version: 1101 (4/4/07)
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6400 (Conroe)
Cooling: Stock HSF
Memory: 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 Dominator Series (dual channel)

Can anyone tell me the most I can get out of my current processor/memory configuration without getting too unstable or hot? I plan on upgrading to an Ultra-120 Extreme fan soon but would like to start testing how well this processor overclocks in the meantime.

According to this article on THG they were able to achieve 3.1GHz (387x8 @ 1.45v) stable on their E6400 with the stock Intel HSF.

From what I've read so far having the FSB:RAM ratio should be 1:1 for high overclocking which means manually changing the RAM to 533 so that it will float as the Processor's FSB is raised and the performance will be matched... Right??

Please help with the specific BIOS settings for my motherboard/processor combo! Thanks!!!

PS- Let me know if additional information on my system is needed.
2 answers Last reply
More about asus deluxe overclocking
  1. i would follow this guide http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Core2Duo-Overclocking-Guide-v1-ftopict197995.html
    it is a great one and helped me get to 3.5 im not on stock cooling but it will help in all situations.
  2. Each cpu is different. Just set the bios up like they suggest on the various forum guides for this mobo, then adjust the FSB and the vcore and see what your cpu can do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking Processors