Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkhalo288

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Hey guys, i just recently upgraded to Vista 64-bit and after installing it i've noticed that when i go to Local Disk, it comes up with both folders Program Files, and another named Program Files (x86). Now i've searched both folders and they all contain the same files and folders, except the Program Files is 488MB, while the Program Files (x86) is 289MB. Now is it safe to delete the x86 one incase files get sent to the wrong folder or mixed up, or should i keep both? Thanks.

Solution
Do not delete x86, that's where most of your programs will actually reside!! The 'program files' is for 64 bit apps and the 'program files(x86) is for 32 bit apps. It only look like the contents are the same because apparently you have not installed many apps yet.

Do not delete either one!
Do not delete x86, that's where most of your programs will actually reside!! The 'program files' is for 64 bit apps and the 'program files(x86) is for 32 bit apps. It only look like the contents are the same because apparently you have not installed many apps yet.

Do not delete either one!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.