Games and software don't install

Leo Ferreira

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I've a new pc and when I try to install most of my games/applications they don't install. It happen even with The Sims 2, Photoshop CS4, Office 2007 and others.
I really can't realize what's going, because all of them are original and the in my older PC they running fine. I can't install Vista x64 (tried 4 times and it crash), so I use my Old XP x32. Can it be the cause?

PC:
Intel Core 2 Quad - 8200
Asus P5KPL - SE
HD 500 GB Samsung SATA
GeForce 9800 gt - 510 - DDR3
2x 2GB Kingstone DDR2
CoolerMaster 460W
DVD-RW LG

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Brazil.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
You might be logged in as a user with limited abilities and need to be the administrator or power user to install programs..

As for trying to put on Vista 64 how are you trying to do it?
You need to insert the disk and then turn the machine on for it to work.
Be aware that if you are not careful it will erase everything on your computer so please provide more information before you do that if you want to preserve what is already on your new computer.

Leo Ferreira

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I'm the administrator. The installation stops in the middle. I also already have istalled the vista and xp on my old machine and works fine...

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
not sure that I am understanding the problem completely,and what about the old computer?, is it included in the problem or is it problem free, if you can't install anything, I think that is what you mean, do you get any eror codes when the installation fails, if not, get a memory checker program first, you mean you had XP on the old machine and dual boot to Vistax32, and I don't know about upgrading to Vista64, it WILL wipe the drive and complete loss of data, it's a different OS, are the installation disks that you are using pirated

Rasamaya

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Hey, its Rasa

I would try to see whats going on with the windows install. 64 Rocks.

Core 2 Quad could be your suspect, as it creates multi ethernet addies.
It becomes twice as long. For whatever reason.

So cracked or legit, its a software verification security problem I bet.

If you installed Maya for example, you Could go into your FLEXLM license and remove the second half of the host id and bammy it works.

Just my two cents.