Increase Voltage from 1.8 to 1.9 for Ram

I have an XPS 710, with a 1mghz power supply, and a Q6600 quad prodessor, and have just installed Corsair 2x2 (4 GB) of DDR2 800 Ram, but PC Wizard tells me the Ram is running at 1.8v --and the Dell Upgrade advisor recommended these 1.9v modules because I have the 1 mghz voltage needed to run this RAm. What do I do? It's reading as DDR2 6400. Cl 5
2 answers Last reply
More about increase voltage
  1. Will the Dell BIOS let you increase RAM voltage by .1V? If it's stable at 1.8V, then don't worry about it. Your RAM is PC2-6400 which is the same as DDR2 800.
  2. Additionally

With a Dell M/B more than likely manually setting memory voltage is not a BIOS option for you, what you could do however is, with the new memory in the computer, pull the power to the computer, clear the CMOS setting by either a jumper or actually pulling the M/B CMOS battery for about 90sec.

Replace everything, Bootup, enter the setup, and reset the Date and Time in the CMOS setup, save, and exit, that will give the system a fresh hardware reset and may just recognize the proper voltage setting.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration DDR2 Power Supplies RAM Windows Vista