Sign in with
Your question

HELP GUYS... i MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 29, 2007 11:20:27 PM

Ok heres the deal I just swapped a my old board with a Asus A8N32-SLI . Im only using 1 video card (8800). I got everything installed it powers up but no video signal. I know my card is working cause I had it up before I installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Is there a jumper setting or something for using a single video card on an SLI board? I AM TRYING NOT TO TELL MY SELF ITS THE MB? I dont have any extra PCI-e cards to test with. Please any sugestions?????? O yea and I also swapped the DVI cables too......
Help please......

More about : guys wrong

May 29, 2007 11:51:10 PM

Double check wires(iknow but do it again)...video card plugged in?ram seated correctly?not grounding on bottom of mobo?4pin plug off psu?jus a few thoughts,been there,gl :D  .
May 30, 2007 1:34:21 AM

I checked everything all looks good...... Also I cleared the CMOS, (took battery out for 10min.) I tried booting up with 1 dimm. It comes up to the inital A8N32-SLI screen where it gives the option for setup or post and it just freezes there??????? What do ya think? :cry: 
Related resources
May 30, 2007 2:17:41 AM

Did you reinstall windows?
May 30, 2007 6:17:08 AM

For the hellofit,try diffrent ram...either that or its the card or mobo...gl :D 
May 30, 2007 6:44:00 AM

Quote:
It comes up to the inital A8N32-SLI screen where it gives the option for setup or post and it just freezes there

It sounds like the RAM, the first thing the computer does on POST is a RAM check if there is a problem with it that could explain the hang.
!