HELP GUYS... i MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

jkurz

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Ok heres the deal I just swapped a my old board with a Asus A8N32-SLI . Im only using 1 video card (8800). I got everything installed it powers up but no video signal. I know my card is working cause I had it up before I installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Is there a jumper setting or something for using a single video card on an SLI board? I AM TRYING NOT TO TELL MY SELF ITS THE MB? I dont have any extra PCI-e cards to test with. Please any sugestions?????? O yea and I also swapped the DVI cables too......
Help please......

Ninjaz7

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Double check wires(iknow but do it again)...video card plugged in?ram seated correctly?not grounding on bottom of mobo?4pin plug off psu?jus a few thoughts,been there,gl :D .

jkurz

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
I checked everything all looks good...... Also I cleared the CMOS, (took battery out for 10min.) I tried booting up with 1 dimm. It comes up to the inital A8N32-SLI screen where it gives the option for setup or post and it just freezes there??????? What do ya think? :cry:

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
It comes up to the inital A8N32-SLI screen where it gives the option for setup or post and it just freezes there

It sounds like the RAM, the first thing the computer does on POST is a RAM check if there is a problem with it that could explain the hang.