Sign in with
Your question

HELP GUYS... i MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG????

Last response: in Motherboards
May 29, 2007 11:21:42 PM

Ok heres the deal I just swapped a my old board with a Asus A8N32-SLI . Im only using 1 video card (8800). I got everything installed it powers up but no video signal. I know my card is working cause I had it up before I installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Is there a jumper setting or something for using a single video card on an SLI board? I AM TRYING NOT TO TELL MY SELF ITS THE MB? I dont have any extra PCI-e cards to test with. Please any sugestions?????? O yea and I also swapped the DVI cables too......
Help please......

More about : guys wrong

May 29, 2007 11:43:42 PM

Quote:
Ok heres the deal I just swapped a my old board with a Asus A8N32-SLI . Im only using 1 video card (8800). I got everything installed it powers up but no video signal. I know my card is working cause I had it up before I installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Is there a jumper setting or something for using a single video card on an SLI board? I AM TRYING NOT TO TELL MY SELF ITS THE MB? I dont have any extra PCI-e cards to test with. Please any sugestions?????? O yea and I also swapped the DVI cables too......
Help please......

Does your 8800 have enough juice, although it will scream bloody murder if both power cables are not plugged in.

You can also try a different PCIE slot.
May 29, 2007 11:55:42 PM

Um as far as I'm aware all the jumper settings would do is switch between 8x or 16x for the pci-e lanes. Does it bleep at all when it's plugged in. Maybe check the seating of the card, check all the power cables are plugged into the 8800 and see if the connection's have come loose to the monitor.
May 30, 2007 12:22:52 AM

No beeps and no on-screen yeah? Is everything turning on but not doing anything?

If so...take out the bios battery, let it sit, maybe try to turn it on without, then put it back in and start it up, see if it boots. My new pc had similar symptoms and thats all I did and it turned on first try after that.
!