Just got the new PhysX card Need info on it.......

YoHoJoe

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Have not installed it yet, would like to get some input before I do.

E4400 Vista
MSI P6N SLI
MSI7600GSx2
4g ozc7200
250x2 H.D.D.
600w psu

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
I'm going to tell you what everybody else is going to tell you, just to get it out of the way.

RETURN THE CARD!!!

The PhysX card is just above useless. It's a nice idea, but the card itself is a failure. I'm pretty sure every tech forum on the planet shares that view.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
If you intend to enhance your gaming experience with it, a better video card would do a lot more than that ageia card. Still, it can be used in Ghost Recon and some other Physix enabled games. It´s benefits aren´t that magnificent though.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
If you intend to enhance your gaming experience with it, a better video card would do a lot more than that ageia card. Still, it can be used in Ghost Recon and some other Physix enabled games. It´s benefits aren´t that magnificent though.

Word... Stated in a modest fashion...

But yeah.. It won't really effect games its not meant for.. and well.. there aren't many that it is....

I would return it..

biohazard420420

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
That depends on what kind of input you want. Most people will tell you that it is a waste but that is ultimately up to you. The facts are this sometimes it speeds things up some times it don't. Will it get you extra eye candy sure but only in some games. Will it speed things up in general thats debatable just look at the reviews. The general consensus is that it is a waste of money though. If you want advice on how to install it, it is just the same as any other card you install in a pc. My opinion is this I have never owned one but from what I have read the stand alone ppu is going away in favor of gpu based physics i.e. either onboard the video card or as a second video card for physics processing. But only you can decide weather to keep it or not just read around and come up with your own answer.

*well damn wish i would have been faster someone already answered and better than me*

akahuddy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
well, you bought two 7600GS's so this should fit right in with your system.

So cruel. We could always speculate that maybe he got the second one for like $5...

Anyhow, to the OP. Trade it back in and get a nicer, single GPU.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Idiot, I asked for input, not how shitty it is. ****** Hater
Why the hell did you ask for input before installing it then? It sounded like you were doing one final "gut check" to make sure you were on track before shredding open the box and getting it up and running.

Or did you actually want help with installing the card or something? I'm confused. :?

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
well, you bought two 7600GS's so this should fit right in with your system.
:lol:

To the OP: I own an AGEIA PhysX card and your money would be better spent in a different area. The only game that really takes advantage of the AGEIA PhysX card is Cell Factor, and your GPU setup is way to slow to make that game any fun.

erocker

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Yo Ho you may be the biggest idiot for buying something without doing an ounce of research! Return the damn card moron, but you will probablly try the useless thing out anyways. Yes my post IS negative.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Yo Ho you may be the biggest idiot for buying something without doing an ounce of research! Return the damn card moron, but you will probablly try the useless thing out anyways. Yes my post IS negative.

Maybe he got the card for free?!?!?

G

thats perfectly valid input, just because deep down you know you wasted your money and made a stupid mistake you shouldnt lash out at people telling you the truth. we could all lie and say its the best thing ever you should buy like 10 of them if you would prefer...

MayDay94

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
you just bought a physX card?
<insert nelson muntz and his classic phrase> haha!

seriously, i have no personal experience with it but was excited when it was first announced a few years back. every review article i read was negative on it, mainly because games have to be specifically coded to take advantage of it and even then it only offers minimal difference compared to a non-physx system. since then, every post has also been negative about it. like everyone saying, if you can still return it, you should. if not, i hope you like GRAW because you'll have to play it a lot to use that card.

ItchyTrigaFinga_

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
Why the hell did you ask for input before installing it then? It sounded like you were doing one final "gut check" to make sure you were on track before shredding open the box and getting it up and running.

Or did you actually want help with installing the card or something? I'm confused. :?

Your stupid thats why your confused.

G

Your stupid thats why your confused.

good one, what are you like 12? isnt there like an age requirement to use these boards?