Sign in with
Your question

Just got the new PhysX card Need info on it.......

Last response: in Components
May 29, 2007 11:53:22 PM

Have not installed it yet, would like to get some input before I do.

E4400 Vista
MSI P6N SLI
MSI7600GSx2
4g ozc7200
250x2 H.D.D.
600w psu

More about : physx card info

May 30, 2007 12:02:08 AM

I'm going to tell you what everybody else is going to tell you, just to get it out of the way.

RETURN THE CARD!!!

The PhysX card is just above useless. It's a nice idea, but the card itself is a failure. I'm pretty sure every tech forum on the planet shares that view.
May 30, 2007 12:23:04 AM

Idiot, I asked for input, not how shitty it is. Fuckin Hater
Related resources
May 30, 2007 12:24:45 AM

That is input, just of the negative variety.
May 30, 2007 12:28:21 AM

everything you say in this forum is of the NEGATIVE variety. Lighten up
May 30, 2007 12:43:21 AM

What? No I don't. If and when I do act "negative" there's a good reason for it.
May 30, 2007 12:45:17 AM

If you intend to enhance your gaming experience with it, a better video card would do a lot more than that ageia card. Still, it can be used in Ghost Recon and some other Physix enabled games. It´s benefits aren´t that magnificent though.
May 30, 2007 12:50:53 AM

Quote:
If you intend to enhance your gaming experience with it, a better video card would do a lot more than that ageia card. Still, it can be used in Ghost Recon and some other Physix enabled games. It´s benefits aren´t that magnificent though.

Word... Stated in a modest fashion...

But yeah.. It won't really effect games its not meant for.. and well.. there aren't many that it is....

I would return it..
May 30, 2007 12:51:26 AM

That depends on what kind of input you want. Most people will tell you that it is a waste but that is ultimately up to you. The facts are this sometimes it speeds things up some times it don't. Will it get you extra eye candy sure but only in some games. Will it speed things up in general thats debatable just look at the reviews. The general consensus is that it is a waste of money though. If you want advice on how to install it, it is just the same as any other card you install in a pc. My opinion is this I have never owned one but from what I have read the stand alone ppu is going away in favor of gpu based physics i.e. either onboard the video card or as a second video card for physics processing. But only you can decide weather to keep it or not just read around and come up with your own answer.

*well damn wish i would have been faster someone already answered and better than me*
May 30, 2007 3:48:39 AM

lol I was gonna ask if I should get one of those but thought I'd search first guess I won't
May 30, 2007 6:53:35 PM

Card doesn't do much in todays games. Take it from me, I own one.

Return it like others have said.
May 30, 2007 7:20:11 PM

Quote:
well, you bought two 7600GS's so this should fit right in with your system.

So cruel. We could always speculate that maybe he got the second one for like $5...

Anyhow, to the OP. Trade it back in and get a nicer, single GPU.
May 30, 2007 7:45:21 PM

Quote:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Thank you for that. My day just got like 10% better. Hahaha.
May 30, 2007 7:47:56 PM

Quote:
Idiot, I asked for input, not how shitty it is. ****** Hater

Why the hell did you ask for input before installing it then? It sounded like you were doing one final "gut check" to make sure you were on track before shredding open the box and getting it up and running.

Or did you actually want help with installing the card or something? I'm confused. :?
May 30, 2007 7:58:11 PM

Quote:
:lol: 

To the OP: I own an AGEIA PhysX card and your money would be better spent in a different area. The only game that really takes advantage of the AGEIA PhysX card is Cell Factor, and your GPU setup is way to slow to make that game any fun.
May 30, 2007 8:02:05 PM

Yo Ho you may be the biggest idiot for buying something without doing an ounce of research! Return the damn card moron, but you will probablly try the useless thing out anyways. Yes my post IS negative.
May 30, 2007 8:03:13 PM

OMG, I just read your sig.!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
May 30, 2007 8:33:43 PM

Quote:
Yo Ho you may be the biggest idiot for buying something without doing an ounce of research! Return the damn card moron, but you will probablly try the useless thing out anyways. Yes my post IS negative.

Maybe he got the card for free?!?!?
May 30, 2007 8:42:16 PM

Well regardless, others have told him to return it and no straight answer has been given back. He bought it.
May 30, 2007 9:23:11 PM

Quote:

I love it when people hit the nail right on the head, thanks :D 
Anonymous
May 30, 2007 9:25:18 PM

Quote:

thats perfectly valid input, just because deep down you know you wasted your money and made a stupid mistake you shouldnt lash out at people telling you the truth. we could all lie and say its the best thing ever you should buy like 10 of them if you would prefer...
May 30, 2007 9:29:19 PM

input: PhysX card

output: buyer's remorse
May 30, 2007 9:41:00 PM

you just bought a physX card?
<insert nelson muntz and his classic phrase> haha!

seriously, i have no personal experience with it but was excited when it was first announced a few years back. every review article i read was negative on it, mainly because games have to be specifically coded to take advantage of it and even then it only offers minimal difference compared to a non-physx system. since then, every post has also been negative about it. like everyone saying, if you can still return it, you should. if not, i hope you like GRAW because you'll have to play it a lot to use that card.
May 30, 2007 9:41:34 PM

Quote:

Why the hell did you ask for input before installing it then? It sounded like you were doing one final "gut check" to make sure you were on track before shredding open the box and getting it up and running.

Or did you actually want help with installing the card or something? I'm confused. :?

Your stupid thats why your confused.
Anonymous
May 30, 2007 9:56:12 PM

Quote:

good one, what are you like 12? isnt there like an age requirement to use these boards?
May 30, 2007 9:56:56 PM

Quote:

good one, what are you like 12? isnt there like an age requirement to use these boards?

Yer there is.....Why are you on here then???
Anonymous
May 30, 2007 9:58:17 PM

because im older than 12? i dunno, just a guess.
May 30, 2007 10:04:12 PM

Quote:

I own stupid? That makes no sense. Did you perhaps mean "you're"?

How pathetic is it when you have to get help on insulting from the person you're trying to insult?

Also, why are you angry and trying to insult me in the first place? My point was valid.
May 30, 2007 10:10:58 PM

Quote:
I own stupid? That makes no sense. Did you perhaps mean "you're"?

How pathetic is it when you have to get help on insulting from the person you're trying to insult?

Also, why are you angry and trying to insult me in the first place? My point was valid.

You gotta love when people try to insult someone, but just make themselves look like even more of an ass with bad grammar. I was gonna point out the "you're" thing but you beat me to it.

If you can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're" you probably shouldn't be on the internet.
May 30, 2007 10:16:19 PM

Quote:
You gotta love when people try to insult someone, but just make themselves look like even more of an ass with bad grammar. I was gonna point out the "you're" thing but you beat me to it.

If you can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're" you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Or maybe they SHOULD be on the internet doing some research instead of randomly flaming people! ;)  :D 
May 30, 2007 10:18:48 PM

True, because the schools obviously aren't teaching these kids anything, look at the way people talk on myspace if you need anymore proof of that.
May 30, 2007 10:20:07 PM

But back on topic, yes you wasted your money, send it back if you can, the most that thing will do for your system is waste a PCI slot. Good idea, bad implementation.
May 30, 2007 10:23:10 PM

Quote:
Yer there is.....Why are you on here then???

Sweet! Here's another incoherent and pointless post. Just what I was hoping for! :lol: 
May 30, 2007 10:30:26 PM

Quote:
True, because the schools obviously aren't teaching these kids anything, look at the way people talk on myspace if you need anymore proof of that.

I don't need any extra proof. I have run in to enough stupid people to convince me that learning in school is completely optional.
Quote:
But back on topic, yes you wasted your money, send it back if you can, the most that thing will do for your system is waste a PCI slot. Good idea, bad implementation.

It might be cool if you happen to play one of the games it supports (which I think PhysX has managed to capture like 0.0000000000000000000001% of the market). :lol: 
May 30, 2007 10:31:47 PM

I wonder how many people out there have wasted their money on this card, a card that has questionable benefits in the games it does support, and it supports what 2 games?
Anonymous
May 30, 2007 10:33:00 PM

even on the games that support it, it just adds weird bubbly looking effects that look unnatural anyways. the thing is such a waste of money.
May 30, 2007 10:36:32 PM

I think the list is up to like 4 games or something that ACTUALLY support it. According to their website, Gears of War is one of their supported titles (on XBox 360). That would make me question their "hardware support" a bit. :D  :D 
May 30, 2007 10:36:42 PM

Quote:

Schools dont teach you how to spell...they just tell you to read shakespeare and work out Emc2+yp to the power of 19-5.
May 30, 2007 10:38:03 PM

When I was in school a few years back they focused a lot on grammar and spelling, obviously that's not that case anymore, or these kids just like looking like idiots on the internet.
May 30, 2007 10:45:38 PM

Maybe schools today think that the smart ones already know their stuff and the dumb ones will end up working at a fast food joint anyway so why bother?

But yeah, for the nineteenth time or so...physics card = big no no.
May 31, 2007 3:40:08 PM

OK then! Let's stay on subject... which has been answered anyways. Moderator? Close this crap.
June 2, 2007 1:50:57 PM

Quote:
OK then! Let's stay on subject... which has been answered anyways. Moderator? Close this crap.

Your moderator is going to shaft you.
!