Problem with Super Talent memory kit

Bombtester

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
I built my new system this weekend. Specs are in my signiture. I intended to have 4GB of memory but I am having a problem with one of the Super Talent memory kits. Whenever I install the second kit, I am unable to boot into windows. I pass the power on self test and can recognize all for gigs in the bios, but get a blue screen of death when trying to load Vista. Everything works fine with the other kit by itself in either single or dual channel configuration, so I don't think that this is a motherboard issue. I believe that one or both of the sticks in the second kit is bad, but before I request an RMA from Newegg, I wanted to see if anyone can think of anything that I may be doing wrong, or anything else that I should check first. By the way, I've already tried increasing the memory voltage. I've gone up to 2.3 volts, but it didn't help.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Check both sets using CPU-Z. If the IC's are different the 2 kits might not like being used together. Also, run Memtest86 with both sets to check for errors.