Need help for Vista compatability

piznal

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Hey guys,

I have been patiently waiting for a driver to be available for my M Audio (delta 2496) sound card. Who knows when this will be available. I impatiently installed the Vista without knowing that a driver wasn't available. I was trying to get around this by installing a driver for my mobo, Asus K8N-E deluxe....but that doesn't seem to be available either. Can someone please help me out. Is there a way that I can get sound on my computer? Maybe a sound controller driver that I do not know about. Or am I SOL? I have been waiting for about 4 months for a driver and I am slowly dying. Please help....thanks,

Paul

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
Did you try letting Vista look for a driver by itself? (for your onboard audio)....is seems strange that Asus wouldn't have something working. There is nothing on their website for my A8N-SLI either, but Vista found one that works fine.

piznal

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Yes, I tried to have windows search for a driver. Nothing. Do I have to take my sound card out in order for the onboard sound device to become my primary? i suppose that every time I searched it was going for my soundcard. Thanks for the advice. I will check it out.

fredgiblet

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Well given the attitude of MS towards audio on Vista i'm betting you are in for a LONG wait for drivers. I think you are best off taking out your soundcard and checking to make sure the onboard is enabled in the BIOS and just using that.

I'm not familliar with your sound card, but have you checked the website of the chipset manufacturer for drivers instead of M-media? Sometimes you have better luck finding a driver when you go straight to the source (ie CMedia, RealTek, etc.). If M-media is the chipset manufacturer, however, your SOL :(