Dumb Question about CONFUSE + DE Emanators

If a Devouring Earth Emanator is CONFUSED does it buff the player's team
with whatever effects it emits?
Ergo, CONFUSE the Devouring Earth "Tree of Life" Healing plant and
instead of healing the immediate Devouring Earth in the healing aura, it
instead heals the team attacking the Devouring Earth.

Haven't actually tried this as I only have one low-level Mind Controller
character.

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in message
> If a Devouring Earth Emanator is CONFUSED does it buff the player's
> team
> with whatever effects it emits?
> Ergo, CONFUSE the Devouring Earth "Tree of Life" Healing plant and
> instead of healing the immediate Devouring Earth in the healing aura, it
> instead heals the team attacking the Devouring Earth.
>
> Haven't actually tried this as I only have one low-level Mind
> Controller
> character.

Depends on how it's coded but the smart money says "no".

Confused oppoonents don't seem to see new freinds only see old freinds as
foes.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 22 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:15:25 GMT, Vorlonagent <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
> "George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in message
>> If a Devouring Earth Emanator is CONFUSED does it buff the player's
>> team
>> with whatever effects it emits?
>> Ergo, CONFUSE the Devouring Earth "Tree of Life" Healing plant and
>> instead of healing the immediate Devouring Earth in the healing aura, it
>> instead heals the team attacking the Devouring Earth.
>>
>> Haven't actually tried this as I only have one low-level Mind
>> Controller
>> character.
>
> Depends on how it's coded but the smart money says "no".
>
> Confused oppoonents don't seem to see new freinds only see old freinds
> as foes.

In favor of this theory, I have never been healed by a confused sorcerer,
nor seen any other player be healed by them. And I've spent some time
with sorcerers.

good sign." -G

Buser

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005

Yes and no. I have a 42 Illusion and have been playing with Deceive
since Embalmed Cadavers, which are one of the best ever uses for that
power. Confuse will reverse the 'alignment' of a villan, but not a
pet/summons. However if the villan is Confused before it performs the
summoning then the pet/summons is Confused.

It is tricky but extremely demonstrable on Rikti Communications
Officers, if you Confuse them before they open a portal then all the
Rikti that come through the portal are confused. Others this works with
are Sky Raider Engineers, DE that drop emitters, BP Death Shamen, Master
Illusionists, Malta Engineers, and Clockwork Assemblers. In all cases
the target must be under the influence of your power before it goes into
the animation for the cast/summon/build whatever.

I don't know if this will work on Mortificator revivification, but it is
a possibility. If the Mort is Confused when it stops to revive a cadaver
then the cadaver might be Confused as well. But the ones in the above
paragraph I'm sure of.

--
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for those around me in
which I can ridicule and demean.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:14:17 -0900, buser@heck.huh wrote:

>Yes and no. I have a 42 Illusion and have been playing with Deceive
>since Embalmed Cadavers, which are one of the best ever uses for that
>power. Confuse will reverse the 'alignment' of a villan, but not a
>pet/summons. However if the villan is Confused before it performs the
>summoning then the pet/summons is Confused.

Does a Sky Raider force bubble generator count as a pet? As you can
definitely hit the generator with a confuse effect *after* its
already out and gain its benefits.

Buser

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005

You need to nail the Raider Engineer before he sets up the FF, after
dosen't seem to work. Mind too that I passed the Raiders a long time ago
and something might have changed. But it'll be pretty easy to test,
everything under the FF has an individual bubble of it's own similar to
the standard FF deflection shield graphic, so you just watch who gets that.

--
1 frozen goliath bird-eating spider or other large tarantula species, thawed
1 banana leaf

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. With small scissors, carefully snip off spider's large paired fangs
3. With long metal tongs, singe off hairs over a gas burner. Brush off
any remanants of singed hairs.
4. Wash banana leaf with cold water, leaving slightly moist. Trim to
18x18 inches. place spider on leaf, sprinkle lemon juice, olive oil,
salt and pepper over spider.
5. Fold top, bottom, and sides of leaf up to cover the spider. Place
bundle folded side down on a baking sheet.
6. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until banana leaf turns dull brown.
7. Remove from oven, serve immedately with clarified butter.