Windows XP Style

Tags:
  • Style
  • Windows XP
May 28, 2005 6:54:09 PM

Anyone help with this one?

In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
only Windows XP style available:-

1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
Style?
2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?

Thanks.

More about : windows style

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 6:54:10 PM

1. Windows XP is the Luna.theme.
%systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme

If you can't find Luna.theme on your machine...

Read instructions
187. Right hand side
Restore Luna Theme
-----

If you select a visual style other than Windows Classic, that style
determines the appearance of your menus, fonts, icons, and other Window
elements. Including Windows and buttons.

Windows and buttons
[[Lists the visual styles that are available for the theme that is currently
selected on the Themes tab. ]]

[[NOTE: You can change the look of individual items if you select Windows
Classic style in the Windows and buttons list on the Appearance tab of
Display Properties. (Right-click an empty area of your desktop, then click
Properties, and then click the Appearance tab). If you select a visual style
other than Windows Classic, that style determines the appearance of your
menus, fonts, icons, and other Window elements. ]]
How to Change the Font, Size, and Colors of Desktop Items
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310543

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 79t1j$ddl$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
John Smith <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 79t5f$vch$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk,
John Smith <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Anyone help with this one?
>
> In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
> only Windows XP style available:-
>
> 1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
> Style?
> 2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:57:01 PM

"John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 79t5f$vch$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Anyone help with this one?
>
> In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
> only Windows XP style available:-
>
> 1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
> Style?
> 2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?
>
> Thanks.

You can of course make your own, but I suggest that you first try other
people's efforts. These can be found on the web using Google of your fav
search engine. Some need an additional program installing to run the themes,
some don't. It can be great fun finding all this out. So don't rush it, just
take a step at a time.

Have Fun!

Sr. Bocadillo
May 29, 2005 1:54:33 AM

Excellent. TVM
---------

news:o $tWZh7YFHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> 1. Windows XP is the Luna.theme.
> %systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme
>
> If you can't find Luna.theme on your machine...
>
> Read instructions
> 187. Right hand side
> Restore Luna Theme
> -----
>
> If you select a visual style other than Windows Classic, that style
> determines the appearance of your menus, fonts, icons, and other Window
> elements. Including Windows and buttons.
>

> Windows and buttons
> [[Lists the visual styles that are available for the theme that is
> currently
> selected on the Themes tab. ]]
>
> [[NOTE: You can change the look of individual items if you select Windows
> Classic style in the Windows and buttons list on the Appearance tab of
> Display Properties. (Right-click an empty area of your desktop, then click
> Properties, and then click the Appearance tab). If you select a visual
> style
> other than Windows Classic, that style determines the appearance of your
> menus, fonts, icons, and other Window elements. ]]
> How to Change the Font, Size, and Colors of Desktop Items
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310543
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 79t1j$ddl$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
> John Smith <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Anyone help with this one?
>>
>> In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
>> only Windows XP style available:-
>>
>> 1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
>> Style?
>> 2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 79t5f$vch$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk,
> John Smith <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Anyone help with this one?
>>
>> In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
>> only Windows XP style available:-
>>
>> 1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
>> Style?
>> 2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:52:04 AM

!