Windows XP Style

Anyone help with this one?

In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
only Windows XP style available:-

1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
Style?
2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows style

    1. Windows XP is the Luna.theme.
    %systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme

    If you can't find Luna.theme on your machine...

    Read instructions
    187. Right hand side
    Restore Luna Theme
    -----

    If you select a visual style other than Windows Classic, that style
    determines the appearance of your menus, fonts, icons, and other Window
    elements. Including Windows and buttons.

    Windows and buttons
    [[Lists the visual styles that are available for the theme that is currently
    selected on the Themes tab. ]]

    [[NOTE: You can change the look of individual items if you select Windows
    Classic style in the Windows and buttons list on the Appearance tab of
    Display Properties. (Right-click an empty area of your desktop, then click
    Properties, and then click the Appearance tab). If you select a visual style
    other than Windows Classic, that style determines the appearance of your
    menus, fonts, icons, and other Window elements. ]]
    How to Change the Font, Size, and Colors of Desktop Items
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310543

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:d79t1j$ddl$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk,
    John Smith <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:d79t5f$vch$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk,

    "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone help with this one?
    >
    > In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
    > only Windows XP style available:-
    >
    > 1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
    > Style?
    > 2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can of course make your own, but I suggest that you first try other
    people's efforts. These can be found on the web using Google of your fav
    search engine. Some need an additional program installing to run the themes,
    some don't. It can be great fun finding all this out. So don't rush it, just
    take a step at a time.

    Have Fun!

    Sr. Bocadillo

    Excellent. TVM
    ---------

    "John Smith" wrote:

    > Anyone help with this one?
    >
    > In Control panel/Display properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons I have
    > only Windows XP style available:-
    >
    > 1. Anyone know where I can find the file on my hard drive for Windows XP
    > Style?
    > 2. Where to go to download additional Windows and Buttons Styles?
    >
    > Thanks.

Style Windows XP