Help Guys..........I must be doing something wrong....?????

jkurz

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Ok heres the deal I just swapped a my old board with a Asus A8N32-SLI . Im only using 1 video card (8800). I got everything installed it powers up but no video signal. I know my card is working cause I had it up before I installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Is there a jumper setting or something for using a single video card on an SLI board? I AM TRYING NOT TO TELL MY SELF ITS THE MB? I dont have any extra PCI-e cards to test with. Please any sugestions?????? O yea and I also swapped the DVI cables too......
Help please......

jkurz

Distinguished
May 26, 2007
Also I cleared the CMOS, (took battery out for 10min.) I tried booting up with 1 dimm. It comes up to the inital A8N32-SLI screen where it gives the option for setup or post and it just freezes there??????? What do yall think?

Ok heres the deal I just swapped a my old board with a Asus A8N32-SLI . Im only using 1 video card (8800). I got everything installed it powers up but no video signal. I know my card is working cause I had it up before I installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Is there a jumper setting or something for using a single video card on an SLI board? I AM TRYING NOT TO TELL MY SELF ITS THE MB? I dont have any extra PCI-e cards to test with. Please any sugestions?????? O yea and I also swapped the DVI cables too......
Help please......

Try booting with just the 1 DIMM of RAM, video card and cpu with HSF. Unplug everything else including HD and optical drives. Be sure you are plugging the psu power connector into the video card and also into the 4/8 pin cpu 12v. MB connector. Tap delete when booting up to get into BIOS. Once in BIOS, set the voltage to the RAM to mfg. specs.

erocker

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
Firstly, please post the complete hardware specs of your system. Make sure your PSU is powerful enough and that everything is plugged in (vid. card?) Check your timings in the bios.