I have :hello: 
compaq C700 presario laptop
with DVD-RW
1 GIG Ram
120 GB Sata Hard Disk
Original Vista Business DVD Installer

My brother also has a laptop and he can boot the DVD Vista Installer :non: 

But I cant boot it. No boot. Just "cannot find boot mgr missing" message
I have an XP OS installed and I can boot its CD.
I want to boot the VISTA CD and
format the C: partition and replace XP with VISTA but I cant even boot the CD!!!
(But my brothers laptop can boot it) :pt1cable: 

My Boot sequence in BIOS starts with my DVD-RW. (remember I can boot the XP cd)
(I dont have DVD hardware failure because I can watch DVD movies and install apps in my XP from DVD`s)
My laptop is really for vista because it really Comes with VISTA Drivers... and not XP
I just downgraded it to XP (and had a hard time finding its XP compatible drivers) a year ago
because vista consume a lot of resources

How can I fix the boot mgr missing problem? :sweat: 
Most forums are talking about boot mgr missing problems with vista and fixing it
by using a recovery module when you boot the DVD on PC startup... (But I can`t boot the DVD!!!) :fou: 
(DVD vista installer is OK because my brother can boot it from his laptop)
May 21, 2009 2:30:39 AM

I kept on saying CD, I meant DVD lolz
m
l
May 24, 2009 9:37:22 PM

Try a repair install with XP first the start up for windows is screwy if that fails run a chddsk /f not r and hope. I have seen this happen with .netframeworks but never boot mgr..... Is this perhaps a OEM disk????? I know compaq tags there bios so when you go to install there OS disk you dont need a key perhaps that could be related.
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2009 2:12:07 AM

manicmalki said:
Try a repair install with XP first the start up for windows is screwy if that fails run a chddsk /f not r and hope. I have seen this happen with .netframeworks but never boot mgr..... Is this perhaps a OEM disk????? I know compaq tags there bios so when you go to install there OS disk you dont need a key perhaps that could be related.

What`s the sense of repairing Windows XP? I can`t understand?
My XP is working perfectly fine. (And I plan to use the VISTA DVD to format its location drive and replace it with VISTA)
The problem is that my "Vista DVD Installer" is not booting in my laptop(But is booting on my brothers laptop)

I`m expecting that their might be a BIOS configuration that may solve my problem.

Another is that I don`t believe that the installed windows XP may affect the DVD`s booting on start-up?
I mean, a DVD may boot even without a hard disk? The windows XP installer would boot even if your PC has no hard disk (You just would find a location to install it)

I`m expecting that their might be a BIOS configuration that may solve my problem.

the " compaq tags there bios so when you go to install there OS disk you dont need a key perhaps that could be related." is something that I don`t know off.

And how do I know if its an OEM disk?
m
l
May 25, 2009 2:15:22 AM

wait after lots of research , I realized that my Disk is not OEM
m
l
!