Most impressive/innovative Q3 maps?

Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or innovative
visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really cool".

--
Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/

Abductor-arsis-metatarsis-quinti

Ok, I'm still a kid

playground is still a fun map.

[OFx]Chilimac

At my age, 'Getting Lucky' is finding my truck in the parking lot.

www.ofxgamer.com

t8dm5.pk3

"Andrew R. Gillett" <usenet@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or innovative
> visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
> just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really cool".
>

> --
> Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/
>
> Abductor-arsis-metatarsis-quinti

graeme

Andrew R. Gillett wrote:

> Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or innovative
> visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
> just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really cool".

Here are some of my favs:

chronic
dubenigma
eFDATdm1
kamq3dm2
map-aearena
map-cu3dm02_BETA1
MAP-QB3DM2
map-s20dm4
map-sokkdm1
map_rmtdm5
nphq3dm1
q3hlvs01
q3tbdm3
quartzdm1
rdogdm4

Malc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2001

"Andrew R. Gillett" <usenet@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:MPG.1aebd378b3b4cfc29897e7@news.individual.net...
> Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or
innovative
> visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
> just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really
cool".

> --
> Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/
>
> Abductor-arsis-metatarsis-quinti

RUNTFEST looks beautiful and is a great fun map.

IKZDM1 is inspired by HP Lovecraft. I'm not sure if its cool but it
certainly has atmosphere.

Malc

"Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Andrew R. Gillett" <usenet@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:MPG.1aebd378b3b4cfc29897e7@news.individual.net...
> > Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or
> innovative
> > visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
> > just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really
> cool".
> >

> > --
> > Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/
> >
> > Abductor-arsis-metatarsis-quinti
>
> RUNTFEST looks beautiful and is a great fun map.
>
> IKZDM1 is inspired by HP Lovecraft. I'm not sure if its cool but it
> certainly has atmosphere.
>
> Malc

I love the pad maps, padhome, padkitchen etc.

The meatpack is good too.

"OscartheGrouch" <tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Andrew R. Gillett" <usenet@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> > message news:MPG.1aebd378b3b4cfc29897e7@news.individual.net...
> > > Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or
> > innovative
> > > visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
> > > just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really
> > cool".
> > >

> > > --
> > > Andrew Gillett http://argnet.fatal-design.com/
> > >
> > > Abductor-arsis-metatarsis-quinti
> >
> > RUNTFEST looks beautiful and is a great fun map.
> >
> > IKZDM1 is inspired by HP Lovecraft. I'm not sure if its cool but it
> > certainly has atmosphere.
> >
> > Malc
> >

> I love the pad maps, padhome, padkitchen etc.

Andrew R. Gillett <usenet@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

> Can anyone recommend any maps

Dangercity
Quatrix
RuntFest
Dangeroids
Antilogic
Scorpion
bm (Birth Machine)

doGG

"Matt" <nospam.hciss@yahoo.com> wrote in

>> I love the pad maps, padhome, padkitchen etc.
>
> Where can I find them? I did a search but most sites that come up are
> dead.
>
> Matt

a bunch are here.

http://www.thegamebox.net/files/Quake_3/Maps/dm/

--
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
H.S.T.

mastertech

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:51:58 +0100, Andrew R. Gillett
<usenet@whangomatic.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend any maps which are have impressive and/or innovative
>visuals/design? I'm not bothered about whether they are fun to play, I
>just want to find some maps which make me go "Wow, that's really cool".

Have you looked here yet? http://www.planetquake.com/lvl/

Padmaps are available at www.padmaps.de direct link to the q3 padmaps
is http://btc3x4.che.uni-bayreuth.de/~ente/downloads/q3padmaps.html
DFM_MasterTech