Volume Shadow Copy Service error

agrant

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I am currently running Windows Server 2008. Recently I am unable to access my VSS copys to files and I get these errors every time i attempt to create a new shadow copy:

Now i belive the hr result is access denied but I'm not totaly sure.
Error Code: 8193
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80070057.

Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Executing Asynchronous Operation

Context:
Execution Context: Requestor
Current State: GatherWriterMetadata

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error code: 13

Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {faf53cc4-bd73-4e36-83f1-2b23f46e513e} and name VSSEvent cannot be started. [0x80070057]

Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Executing Asynchronous Operation

Context:
Execution Context: Requestor
Current State: GatherWriterMetadata
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error code: 8193

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine QueryStatus OUT param. hr = 0x8000ffff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that class ID does not exist in the COM system how can I force it to recreate itself?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Grant

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
below is a link that could be helpful. They seem to deal with this more often and could possibly help you more. Maybe not this thread but the forum seems to have MSpeople answering questions. Also below that is another forum that has MS people that see to be able to decrypt error messages with their internal software.

http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/743281.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/