Installing new Os (Xp Pro SP 3) over 64 bit Xp pro

ramster23

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I have been trying to install a new version of XP on my computer mainly because I can't handle 64 bit and it's refusal to be compatible with my wireless card. First of all, I do not have a registered version of the 64 bit due to no internet connection which didn't allow me to register my copy and in turn locking my computer unil I do so. My friend gve me a copy of XP pro SP3 and I want to install it, but I have a few issues. How do I delete the old OS? How do I install the new one? I have been having some problems with opening the bios and what not, I am using ASUS P5N73-AM mobo. I really need help with this, because it is limiting my use of the computer, a brand new computer which I have not been able to consistently use since the time I bought it. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

G

Get a legal copy of XP, boot from the CD, delete the existing C: partition and install XP.

Grumpy

G

How can it be legal if "My friend gve me a copy of XP pro SP3"? If legitimate Windows XP CD is bootable.

Grumpy

ramster23

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
came here for help not to be interrogated, and my friend had bought that copy from tigerdirect.ca, thank you Grumpy but I have solved the problem

G

You just proved my point. If your friend bought the copy from TigerDirect, it's HIS copy, not yours. A lot of the pirated Windows XP CDs are not bootable but I guess you knew that. I told you exactly what you needed to do to fix your problem in my first post. Grow up!

ramster23

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
actually it was a display problem, so you didn't answer my question at all, so next time when you feel like being an ass, don't post on my thread

G

And how did a "display problem" stop you from installing Windows XP Pro SP3?

ramster23

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I was not able to acess BIOS to delete and install windows xp. Nothing was wrong with the cd, it worked like a charm, so once I fixed my display I was able to access Bios and do whatever I needed to do.

G

You mean you needed to change the boot order in the BIOS to boot from the CD to delete and install Windows XP. So my advice was spot on.