G90 for christmas?

Zephyn

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
8O Lets hope two things:
3x's the performance and not 3x's the price!

Hopefully they are not blowing smoke up our butts; I would love to have what they were talking about in my new computer.

exarrkun

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
8O Lets hope two things:
3x's the performance and not 3x's the price!

Hopefully they are not blowing smoke up our butts; I would love to have what they were talking about in my new computer.

you forgot something
3x the power consumption :wink:

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
I hope they won't come with four digits $$$$.
& also they won't need 1KW PSUs.(Cool & Quiet are the must-have options!)
Anyway, i`m not gonna upgrade my graphic card anymore unless i upgrade my whole system to a better CPU/Memory/Mobo/HDD/..., so i`m waiting for the Next-Generation-AMD's/Intel's-Midrange-Cheap-OverClockable CPUs.
Come on ATI, where is your HD3950XTX? :twisted:

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Anyway, i`m not gonna upgrade my graphic card anymore unless i upgrade my whole system to a better CPU/Memory/Mobo/HDD/..., so i`m waiting for the Next-Generation-AMD's/Intel's-Midrange-Cheap-OverClockable CPUs.

which are due out in Q3/Q4

looks like its going to be an expensive christmas

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Looks like its going to be an expensive christmas!
No no no...no! Not expensive please!
I`m not a rich guy, after buying the GTS i can hardly even pay the taxi for reaching the University!(believe it or not i can't afford my lunch for now! :wink: )
But i don't care for my lunch(as i`m fat enough! :tongue: ), i`m saving money to upgrade to some Next-Generation-Low-End-Class-CPU.(Like what i did when the Athlon 64 939 appeared & i bought a 3000+ Venice (OCed it to 2250MHz)as that was an awesome Low-End-CPU!)

Not my wife...Not my children...Just my Computer! :twisted: (lol, i don't have wife or children anyway!)

Yeah it's already been posted and thoroughly disected;
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Nvidia-claims-G92-Geforce-9800-Teraflop-beast-ftopict238326.html

It's less than 2X the claimed GFlops of the GF8800GTX, and raw shader power doesn't necessarily translate into performance, as we see in the R600 which has more useable Gflop throughput than the G80.

So it's nice to see improvements, but don't go overboard with expectations, this will probably be more like an X1800->X1900 boost than a GF7800->GF8800 boost.
Noticeable but not a giant leap.