Sign in with
Your question

Vista 64 System Check

Last response: in Windows Vista
a b \ Driver
May 31, 2009 4:56:42 PM

I would like to replace my 32 bit Vista OS with 64 bit Vista...

I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that was available that would examine my system and tell me which drivers and/or devices needed attention before the move to the 64 bit OS? Something similar to the Vista Upgrade Advisor MS offered when everyone was switching from XP to Vista. I'm not sure if some devices (like my Netgear wireless-g router and my Buffalo Link Station NAS) would be recognized and drivers automatically installed by the Installation pgm. Or if it's up to me to manually find and install my own 64 bit drivers.

More about : vista system check

Related resources
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2009 3:16:16 PM

I know that the router only requires a browser to manage, therefore it doesn't matter if you run Vista 32 or 64. Are drivers required to access your NAS? If not, then there's no need to worry about it.
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2009 4:41:53 PM

Hmm... not sure about the NAS having a driver. Where would I check for such a thing? It's been so long since I installed it, I have forgotten. I think 32 bit Vista pretty much took care of everything when I installed the OS originally. The only drivers I have been updating on a regular basis are the video, sound, chipset, and my wireless HP C7280 printer.
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2009 4:57:47 PM

How do you access the NAS? Through a UNC path to the NAS server?
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2009 9:33:40 PM

GhislainG said:
How do you access the NAS? Through a UNC path to the NAS server?

I access the Linkstation's management/setup screens through my browser. Btw, thanks for sticking with me on this. I'm beginning to feel that Vista 64 will probably take care of itself when it comes to driver/device issues. Maybe I'll only have to search out obscure issues.
!