Wd 320gb cavilier vista instalation driver problem

atarehman

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
i am trying to install vista ultimate 64 on a wd 320gb that is wd 3200aaks cavilier 16se. i have failed to find any driver for this drive any where including wd support site. this drive works ok in my pc, but to install vista its a no no. can any one pls tell me where to get this driver or is their any other way to install vista on this drive. bios reads the drive.
many thanks

Jonmor68

Distinguished
How are you trying to install? clean install from dvd? upgrading? what have you tried? what error are you getting?
Driver should not be needed for Vista, but if needed, it can be found on the motherboard makers website, or mb driver disk if you have it.

atarehman

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I am doing a clean install, there are no error messages or any thing its just that vista askes for a Hdd driver which is not on the manufecturers site or on the disk supplied with the mobo. I am really giving up now as there is no driver for this HDD any where. I did a win XP sp3 64bit clean install and it worked fine. I hooked it up in my second pc an Intel Quad Q6700 with vista ultimate 64bit which has the same mobo and it works fine, Its just the install stage of vista that requires a driver to read the HDD as it does not show in the instalation window but the bios setup sees the drive fine. Any way thanks. If you find this non exisiting driver please let me know
Many Thanks Again

atarehman

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I am doing a clean install, there are no error messages or any thing its just that vista askes for a Hdd driver which is not on the manufecturers site or on the disk supplied with the mobo. I am really giving up now as there is no driver for this HDD any where. I did a win XP sp3 64bit clean install and it worked fine. I hooked it up in my second pc an Intel Quad Q6700 with vista ultimate 64bit which has the same mobo and it works fine, Its just the install stage of vista that requires a driver to read the HDD as it does not show in the instalation window but the bios setup sees the drive fine. Any way thanks. If you find this non exisiting driver please let me know
Many Thanks Again

atarehman

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Many Thanks Again