HDCP TV receive non-HDCP signal

Hi,
I have a 52" Toshiba HDTV. The HDMI input port is HDCP compliant. I have
a PC with digital video output. But the PC video siganl is non-HDCP. I a
m not sure the HDTV will display the signal without HDCP properly or
not? Hope to get advice.
Thanks
Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about hdcp receive hdcp signal

    No problem

    In article <Xns95E0ABCB23FAExycanadayahooca@206.123.6.7>, Tom Xu
    <tomboy_xu@yahho.ca> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I have a 52" Toshiba HDTV. The HDMI input port is HDCP compliant. I have
    >a PC with digital video output. But the PC video siganl is non-HDCP. I a
    >m not sure the HDTV will display the signal without HDCP properly or
    >not? Hope to get advice.
    >Thanks
    >Tom

    > I have a 52" Toshiba HDTV. The HDMI input port is HDCP compliant. I have
    > a PC with digital video output. But the PC video siganl is non-HDCP.

    With HDCP, it is the *source device* that decides if HDCP should be turned
    on
    or not. If the source device does not support HDCP, or the source device
    decides
    the content to be played over DVI or HDMI does not need to be protected,
    then
    the source device's output looks like a plain old DVI or HDMI connector
    without
    HDCP turned on. If the source decides HDCP is required, then it will
    handshake
    with the display device to make sure it is HDCP compliant too, and only then
    initiate a secure HDCP-ized connection.

    Your PC without HDCP should work fine against a HDCP enabled display.

    Thomas Gilg

HDTV TV Home Theatre