Perma-hasten & AFK

Just slotted up to Perma-hasten. Pre-perma-hasten, if one was afk long
enough, u would get the boot. With Perma-hasten running, would your toon
even be shown as afk, would you ever get booted if you were afk for a good
amount of time?

DC
--
8 Infinity Server 8
Purple Kid - Lvl 29 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy

"Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
> Just slotted up to Perma-hasten. Pre-perma-hasten, if one was afk
> long enough, u would get the boot. With Perma-hasten running, would
> your toon even be shown as afk, would you ever get booted if you were
> afk for a good amount of time?

Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in

> "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
>> Just slotted up to Perma-hasten. Pre-perma-hasten, if one was
>> afk long enough, u would get the boot. With Perma-hasten
>> running, would your toon even be shown as afk, would you ever get
>> booted if you were afk for a good amount of time?
>
> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

Any self buff that you can auto-fire will interrupt the AFK timer

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

> Any self buff that you can auto-fire will interrupt the AFK timer

Yes, I know, but his question was specifically about perma-Hasten, AFK and
autologoff. So that's what I answered. :)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:17:11 -0000, Shenanigunner
<shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

>"Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
>> Just slotted up to Perma-hasten. Pre-perma-hasten, if one was afk
>> long enough, u would get the boot. With Perma-hasten running, would
>> your toon even be shown as afk, would you ever get booted if you were
>> afk for a good amount of time?
>
>Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

Not for me it doesnt

You WILL get autologged if you have Perma Hasten

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.
>
> > Not for me it doesnt
>
> Really? It does on all my alts. Try ;afk so that your toon has a
newspaper,
> or put an AFK message up; wait for Hasten to fire. Poof, you're no
longer
> in AFK. If your system behaves differently, I'd be very interested in

> finding out why.

I think you are talking about 2 different things. You are talking
about the AFK status of your character and the other poster seems to be
talking about the Auto-logoff for an inactive character.

Quantum Tarantino <QuantumTarantino@Gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

> Not for me it doesnt

Really? It does on all my alts. Try ;afk so that your toon has a newspaper,
or put an AFK message up; wait for Hasten to fire. Poof, you're no longer
in AFK. If your system behaves differently, I'd be very interested in
finding out why.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

Thanks, I thought so . . . so I can assume that if I were AFK for an
unexpected longer amount of time to say . . . stop my newborn from crying .
.. . I will still be logged on and still with my team if I were on one.

DC
--
8 Infinity Server 8
Purple Kid - Lvl 29 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy
SE-R - Lvl 21 - M - Science Blaster- Fire/Fire
Smart Hulkster - Lvl 7 - Science Tanker - Invulnerability/War Mace
Ursa Mjr - Lvl 12 - Mutant Controller - Mind Control/Storm Summoning
7 of 8 - lvl 7 - Technology Defender - Force Field/ Radiation

"Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
>> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.

> Thanks, I thought so . . . so I can assume that if I were AFK for an
> unexpected longer amount of time to say . . . stop my newborn from
> crying . . . I will still be logged on and still with my team if I
> were on one.

This thread has gotten a little confused; I was addressing your specific
question but there are other facets. The short of it is that auto-fire on
powers like Hasten doesn't appear to affect auto-logoff.

There's also some disagreement on whether my assertion is correct -
Hasten has always interrupted AFK for me, but others say differently.

I don't think there's any good way around auto-logoff. I guess if you're
going to be a few minutes, use fast logoff and then log back in.

(Fast logoff: /bind ALT+F9 "quit$$dialog_yes" will drop you right to the
desktop.)

--

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in

> Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in
>
>> "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com> wrote:
>>> Just slotted up to Perma-hasten. Pre-perma-hasten, if one was
>>> afk long enough, u would get the boot. With Perma-hasten
>>> running, would your toon even be shown as afk, would you ever get
>>> booted if you were afk for a good amount of time?
>>
>> Hasten interrupts AFK when it fires.
>>

> Any self buff that you can auto-fire will interrupt the AFK timer

Allow me to clarify something.

If you have no keyboard activity for 5 minutes, you will get a little
'AFK' automatically put above your char's head. 15 Minutes later, again
with no keyboard input, you will be auto-logged.

Unless you are in a mission tiles-set, or part of a task-force.

If you manually go afk, and have hasten on perma status, or any self-
buff, it will take you off the manual afk.

Any auto-fire self buff will interuppt whatever 'emote' you happen to
be doing. Manual afk is an emote.

Auto AFK is not interuppted by any auto-fire power.

But, you can get around it for some reason by just putting yourself on
auto-run, and point yourself into a corner (I've tested this on test
several times since the auto AFK come on live)

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
> But, you can get around it for some reason by just putting yourself on
> auto-run, and point yourself into a corner (I've tested this on test
> several times since the auto AFK come on live)

Yeah, but it's hell on your costume. You have to go to the tailor to get
all the worn patches fixed after you pull this.

:)

Thanks for the detailed exposition.