data drive locking quake 3 arena?

Last response: in Video Games
April 28, 2004 9:41:59 AM

Hi,
I have quake III arena on a win98se system. Its installed on a C drive and I
also
have a D data drive. I've noticed after playing Q3 a few times, that after
returning
to windoze, the D drive says 'retry, fail'. After a reboot and a Norton scan
its ok. Apparently there is nothing wrong with the drive, it has just become
'locked' by a program. I'm suspicious that it is quake somehow. I also have
had to
scan C a few times upon rebooting, so the problem might be generated on
C, which then affects D later.
Anyone have any similar incident? I'm just trying to rule stuff out at this
point.

Thanks,

Mark
markcrimson@hotmail.com
April 28, 2004 11:08:00 AM

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:41:59 GMT, "mark mark" <markcrimson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone have any similar incident? I'm just trying to rule stuff out at this
>point.

You can certainly rule out Q3, probably one of the most stable games ever.
!