Vista freezes a few minutes after start up

reprovo

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Hi.I'm having problems with vista home premium 32 bit.Recently it's began to freeze a few minutes after start up and it seems to be getting worse,freezing earlier every time.I can't do anything when it freezes,nothing responds.I either have to manually restart or leave it a couple of minutes to restart by itself.
I've ran memtest86 a few passes over thinking maybe it was the ram but i get no errors.I have 4gigs (2*2gb pc26400 kingston and q6600 processor) so it's not due to lack of ram.I've ran sfc / scannow and chkdsk.I've lost my installation vista cd though and can't repair windows.I have kaspersky internet suite 2009 and have ran a full system scan.Nothing comes up.I've checked in event viewer for errors but nothing suspicious appears.That's all i really have knowledge of doing,and would appreciate any assistance.thanks

reprovo

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

Hi. right click on the desktop > personalise > window colour and appearance > open classic appearance properties for more color options > windows vista basic

I bought a new graphics card and it's fine now,the basic display was just a temporary solution.