AMD Phenom pictures

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
http://absolutevista1.blogspot.com/2007/05/amd-phenom-pictures.html

You've seen it before. Now it's..digitalized! Maybe a sign of..benchmarks to come?

At the rate AMD has been goin, more likely a sign of a new round of Intel bashing hollow promises from Henri Richard and his 'dream team'

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Oh joy, now there are photos! Where will i put them? Hm... Next to the authentic mugshot of Nessie? Ah! I know! The color scheme will fit the Alien autopsy footage way better. :twisted:

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
now, if you can, please publish the instructions on how to print it and plug it into a socket so we can take a look at how it runs --- that would be appreciated ;) :) :)

That totally redefines the meaning of Paper Launch. That would be a new low, even for AMD. 8O

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
now, if you can, please publish the instructions on how to print it and plug it into a socket so we can take a look at how it runs --- that would be appreciated ;) :) :)

That totally redefines the meaning of Paper Launch. That would be a new low, even for AMD. 8O

:) :) I am teasing a little -- it is hard to get excited over a die shot, especially one that has been prepared for a marketing campaign. It would be much more useful if it were plugged into a socket and running a few electrons through it. ;)

Ahh.. few electrons, eh?

and have some kind of neon sign that flashes... "Eat at Joes"

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004

:) :) I am teasing a little -- it is hard to get excited over a die shot, especially one that has been prepared for a marketing campaign. It would be much more useful if it were plugged into a socket and running a few electrons through it. ;)

Ahh.. few electrons, eh?

Hey that is what I got my E4300 to do, why do you think I OC'd it? It sure wasn't to browse the internet faster. No, I wanted it to power my dancing neon stripper sign that hangs in my window for all the apt complex to see. 8)

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
Is this image a true-colour photo, or is it one of those pictures that has colour enhancements to make the features stand out? I know wafers look beautiful, but I didn't expect to see such coherrent patterns.

r0ck

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
http://www.voxclandestina.com/2006-10-11/amds-barcelona-clean-die-shots/
You can see here that my linked pic has same shape though obviously the linked is prettier.

I think the linked is not "real" because the way it reflects light.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Ahh.. few electrons, eh?

Hey that is what I got my E4300 to do, why do you think I OC'd it? It sure wasn't to browse the internet faster. No, I wanted it to power my dancing neon stripper sign that hangs in my window for all the apt complex to see. 8)

Yet another in a long line of "quote victims." Such is the life of the poet. So be it.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
BaronMatrix wrote:
I don't care. I just like watching you as it gets me more women.

You should make this your sig phrase... :lol:

If he doesn't, I will keep it alive. :D

And if you and RichPLS keep flaming people - You both might find yourselves banned - capice? Now, stop this baiting!

HotFoot

Distinguished
May 26, 2004
I think it's something like 400,000 DPI. Makes you appreciate the fabs, doesn't it?

There are printing products for 3D plastic models. We used those for some prototyping work. Somehow, I think we're better off with leaving CPU construction to the experts for now. Maybe programmed self-assembly or nanobots building the chips a molecule at a time will happen down the road.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Somehow I just don't think my 1200 DPI printer is going to cut it anymore. :wink:

I don't even want to know what the DPI would have to be to print a CPU. We'd probably have to measure it in GDPI [Gigadots per inch]. 8O

Ty vern. :wink:

This is a good point :) :) ... gate lengths for the 65 nm node is reported at 35 nm for both AMD and Intel, put this into a different unit that makes a little more sense -- Angstroms, 350 angstroms. An atom on average is 1-2 Angs in diameter, so make it 2 Angs... the gate lenth, that is the distance from source to drain is about 175 atoms wide.

You would need atomic size dots, and it would amount to way more that gigadots.

You and your chemistry knowledge.... :D

Fine... petadots work? :lol:

Well then 10angs = 1nm obviously. If we really wanted to get down and dirty, we would need the exact elements of the gate in order to determine how many atoms wide the gate is. That might be a fun way to pass time when I am bored in class. If it gets really bad we would put other distances in terms of angs or even different elements to illustrate the variation in the size of each elemental atom.

*runs to find his 10 key*

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Unfortunately that may be all that they have functioning right now. :lol:

Ouch :lol: :lol: :lol:
but I do really hope AMD/ Phenom can deliver what they promised. I don't wanna live in a world with not much choice (albeit Intel's offering currently is a feast). Heck, I even pictured the future to have more than two (at least three) CPU companies