E6600 help appreciated!

insomnai

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
Hey all. I'm new to the forums so please excuse my noobieness. My signature holds my newest rig configuration and i've recently swapped over from a DFI Lanparty RDX200, AMD 939 San Diego 4000 @ 2.4 Ghz and 2Gb Cellshock DDR500 (not DDR400!) and while i'm happy with stock results, I would be interested in learning more about overclocking the CPU, Memory and graphics. Now all my kit runs at stock speeds and fans and it'll be a while before I'll be adding to it, but if someone could help me understand how overclocking works on Core2Duo, or anything relevent to my system at all that would be fantastic!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Regards

Insomnai

morerevs

Distinguished
May 19, 2007
Hi, welcome to the forum. If you want to find more info about overclocking go to this section:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/CPUs-forum-48.html

First read as much as you can (especially the stickies) make sure you have everything you'll need to test your system like monitoring software (temps, Mhz, memspeed, fanspeed) stability testing software (prime95, TAT, Orthos, Benchmarks like 3dmark and Sandra) Memtest86+ and bios recovery software (just in case :D ) You can download most of these programs for free so no worries.
Also read up on the manufacturers site for your mobo to see if there are know issues with bios versions/chipset drivers for your board and flash/update accordingly.
Make sure you test your stock system for stability and memory errors with prime95 and memtest86+, and monitor temps during prime95 to see if your cooling is up to the task. Only AFTER this proceed as described in the overclocking guide and overclock the hell out of this beast :twisted:

Enjoy!