Sign in with
Your question

Which motherboard is for me? HELP!

Last response: in Motherboards
May 31, 2007 12:07:03 AM

Hi everybody!

You might want to help me decide which motherboard is suited for me. The reason for upgrade is for heavy photo editing, graphics design, and video editing (but not that much) purposes. Also, some games. I don't do OC.

For the meantime, I'll be using my old 80GB 7200RPM IDE hard drive just to cut cost.

So I'm choosing between Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P and Foxconn 975X7AB-8EKRS2H. Maybe you can recommend other boards of this level.

I'm looking for a board that has Firewire, Crossfire, Dual Channel, Native DDR 800 Support, Supports Quad Core, etc. If permits, eSATA also.

But definitely, all of things I want can not be all in one motherboard. If in case there's one, I'm sure I have to pay the price.

My planned setup is as follows:
- Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3P or Foxconn 975X7AB-8EKRS2H or your recommendation
- 2GB DDR2 667
- My existing 80GB 7200 IDE
- 7600GS 256MB 128Bit DDR2 PCI-E
- Liteon LH-20A1S-11 DVD-Writer (20x) SATA
- and the rest

One more thing, is advisable to invest with Intel P35 chipset motherboards that supports the future 45nm processors? Reason why I asked, for future upgrade.

Thank you very much in advance! Sorry for too many questions.

Regards,

MILO
Philippines

More about : motherboard

May 31, 2007 1:43:48 AM

Hey, I can't be much help since I don't know all that much, but I'll be looking to build a very similar system for very similar use in the next few months, so I'm interested in the replies.

To start though, I would reconsider the old HDD. New, huge (comparatively), much faster drives are now really cheap. I don't know how you're planning on doing heavy image editing/graphics/video work with only 80 gigs, unless you're planning on just using dvd's to store stuff.... Something to consider.
May 31, 2007 3:01:11 AM

The P35 is the replacement for the Intel P965 and if you were to get the P35 you'd be able to use the new 45nm processer's coming in the 3rd Q. The P35 has an upgraded memory controller and should surpass the P965. There selling now so have a look, give it another 15 days for more choice's. Hope this helps.
!