Transporting vmc and vhd files to Microsoft Virtual PC

tzza3038

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I am in school for my MCSE and I have brought home virtual files from there on my flash drive. There are two clients and one server files. All three have to be running for me to use them. I double click on "2274C-DEN-SRV1" vmc file and it puts it into the console. From there I click the PC that I want to open and it tells me

"The parent virtual hard disk has been deleted or has been moved from its previous location. Please, select the new location of the parent virtual hard disk"

I click cange and try to select the "2274C-DEN-SRV1" vhd file in the folder that I have all of these store on my desktop. It will not let me. Then it says...
"Virtual PC was not able to create an undo disk.
Please verify that you have sufficient privileges to write to the virtual machine configuration directory, and that the physical hard disk containing your virtual machine configuration is not full. If the virtual machine is attached to a differencing virtual disk, please verify that the virtual hard disk's parent was not modified without using the differencing virtual hard disk."

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

RobUK63

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

I know this is an old post but if anyone comes here looking for an explanation to this problem then this is the simple solution that I found.

When you extract the folders for the 2273B Server 2003 course for example you will have 4 folders as follows:

2274, 2275, 227x and Base or Base Server.

Just make sure that you uncheck the read only attributes on these 4 folders. When it asks you for the base image 05A or 05D you point to the base folder and select. Now it will work.

Remember it doesn't matter where you store the folders just make sure you uncheck the read only.

Good luck

Rob UK