Weird colors on Sony KD-34XS955

I just bought a Sony KD-34XS955 and I think the resolution is just awesome.
But the colors are weird, they're very bizarre and different from any
previous Sony TV I had in the past.

I'm wondering if an ISF calibration would fix this problem. Even with the
default/monitor settings, the colors are still too reddish or greenish.

Did anybody notice the strange colors on this set and anyone fixed that
prolem with ISF calibration?

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre
2 answers Last reply
More about weird colors sony 34xs955

    Assuming you have this, check your "live color" setting, through the video
    menu. When I got my 60XS955, the "live color" was set to ON by default and
    it completely screwed up the picture. All the light areas were kind of
    "posterized" -- terrible. Don't know if that's a malfunction in my "live
    color" circuitry or something else but as soon as I turned it off, all was
    fine. While you're looking at the menu, check to make sure the hue and
    other settings are at the default values, not set to some extreme.

    mack
    austin

    "Jean-Pierre Thibaudeau" <thibaudeau.jp@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    >I just bought a Sony KD-34XS955 and I think the resolution is just awesome.
    > But the colors are weird, they're very bizarre and different from any
    > previous Sony TV I had in the past.
    >
    > I'm wondering if an ISF calibration would fix this problem. Even with the
    > default/monitor settings, the colors are still too reddish or greenish.
    >
    > Did anybody notice the strange colors on this set and anyone fixed that
    > prolem with ISF calibration?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jean-Pierre

    get a copy of Nemo or Pirate of the Caribbean or any dvd with THX optimizer
    included and got thru the tune up for video.....the menu for video on this
    tv is extensive but easy to operate and get your colors right....change of
    color for every input and video selection like the movie, sports, natural

    "Jean-Pierre Thibaudeau" <thibaudeau.jp@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > I just bought a Sony KD-34XS955 and I think the resolution is just
    awesome.
    > But the colors are weird, they're very bizarre and different from any
    > previous Sony TV I had in the past.
    >
    > I'm wondering if an ISF calibration would fix this problem. Even with the
    > default/monitor settings, the colors are still too reddish or greenish.
    >
    > Did anybody notice the strange colors on this set and anyone fixed that
    > prolem with ISF calibration?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jean-Pierre

HDTV TV Sony Home Theatre