Whats the diff between Quake3 and team arena?

I know they are both multiplayer. Does quake3 not have teams?

team arena is Add on

id says that

" Never before have the forces aligned. United by name and by cause, The
Fallen, Pagans, Crusaders, Intruders, and Stroggs must channel their power
into an allied operation where teamwork is the only method of mass
destruction. Four distinct games test each troop's synthesis and strength to
exacting degrees. Cooperation is the only course of action, and war, the
only alternative. Soldiers once alone in their struggle, now face the Arena
as one. "

<swaboogie@aol.com>, iletide sunu yazdi
> I know they are both multiplayer. Does quake3 not have teams?

and
QUAKE III Arena Overview

Welcome to the Arena, where high-ranking warriors are transformed into
spineless mush. Abandoning every ounce of common sense and any trace of
doubt, you lunge onto a stage of harrowing landscapes and veiled abysses.
Your new environment rejects you with lava pits and atmospheric hazards as
legions of foes surround you, testing the gut reaction that brought you here
in the first place. Your new mantra: Fight or be finished.

QUAKE III: Team Arena

You entered the Arena alone. Now it's time to share the glory. Create an
alliance of forces where teamwork is the only method to achieve total
dominance. 4 distinct games test each troop's synthesis and strength to
exacting degrees. Cooperation is the only course of action, and war...the
only alternative. Soldiers, once alone in their struggle, now fact the Arena

<swaboogie@aol.com> wrote in message
> I know they are both multiplayer. Does quake3 not have teams?

Team Arena was an add-on pack. It had new levels, new powerups, and some new
gametypes, all centered around teamplay. I never bought it (only had the
demo, which was a single level with several of the new gametypes supported),
but it appears to have pretty much completely disappeared from active
servers.

Of course regular Quake 3 Arena already supported regular DM teamplay and
capture the flag.

Matthew Vaughan wrote:

> Team Arena was an add-on pack. It had new levels, new powerups, and
> some new
> gametypes, all centered around teamplay. I never bought it (only had
> the
> demo, which was a single level with several of the new gametypes
> supported),
> but it appears to have pretty much completely disappeared from active
> servers.

Yeah. I thought Team Arena was very good, and sure did enjoy it in its
heyday. Unfortunately, it just never really caught on, to get that
critical mass of players. After the initial interest after it was
released, it quickly faded. I still think it was one of the best
team-based games I've ever played.

--
__ Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis

Deleted member k

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:35:02 -0700, Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Yeah. I thought Team Arena was very good, and sure did enjoy it in its
> heyday. Unfortunately, it just never really caught on, to get that
> critical mass of players. After the initial interest after it was
> released, it quickly faded. I still think it was one of the best
> team-based games I've ever played.

TA was good, the problem was that by the time it came out there was
already a lot of good mods out there. Many, including myself thought that
it was merely stuff that should have been included with the original game.

K wrote:

> TA was good, the problem was that by the time it came out there was
> already a lot of good mods out there. Many, including myself thought
> that
> it was merely stuff that should have been included with the original
> game.

I agree, or at least shortly after the sales peak was reached, TA should
have been made freely available; it's still commercially available from
Id for example, but who's going to fork out dough for a mission pack for
a five-year-old game?

--
__ Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis
\__/ Smaller than the eye can see / Bigger than the mind can conceive
-- India Arie

In article <40917506.9ED9EDF1@alcyone.com>,
Erik Max Francis <max@alcyone.com> wrote:

> Yeah. I thought Team Arena was very good, and sure did enjoy it in its
> heyday. Unfortunately, it just never really caught on, to get that
> critical mass of players. After the initial interest after it was
> released, it quickly faded. I still think it was one of the best
> team-based games I've ever played.

Well, it's ok for botmatches.

--
C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund

C Lund wrote:

> Well, it's ok for botmatches.

Sure (and you guys talking about it has made me start playing the single
player again).

But one thing's for sure, I'll never forget playing TERRA2 and a packed
server.

--
__ Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis
\__/ I wouldn't call -- a crazy thing to do / Just in case she said who
-- The American, _Chess_

Most excellent tags

"dsyss" <selcuk1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> and
> QUAKE III Arena Overview
>
> Welcome to the Arena, where high-ranking warriors are transformed into
> spineless mush. Abandoning every ounce of common sense and any trace of
> doubt, you lunge onto a stage of harrowing landscapes and veiled abysses.
> Your new environment rejects you with lava pits and atmospheric hazards as
> legions of foes surround you, testing the gut reaction that brought you
here
> in the first place. Your new mantra: Fight or be finished.
>
> QUAKE III: Team Arena
>
> You entered the Arena alone. Now it's time to share the glory. Create an
> alliance of forces where teamwork is the only method to achieve total
> dominance. 4 distinct games test each troop's synthesis and strength to
> exacting degrees. Cooperation is the only course of action, and war...the
> only alternative. Soldiers, once alone in their struggle, now fact the
Arena
> as one.
>
> <swaboogie@aol.com>, iletide sunu yazdi
> > I know they are both multiplayer. Does quake3 not have teams?

`We are clan Wolf, Children of Kerensky. We carry the honor of his name
apon our shoulders us as our fathers did before. The Remeberences speaks to
us of the Evil in Mans Will, of the reasons for Exodus, and the rights of
the Travler.
Arcadia is our Destiny and our Right, enlightenment is our gift.

By the Bloodnames of the Founders we must return, return and protect that
which
is unique among the stars. Terra awaits us as it was written We are the
last of the
Warriors. The sole Hope of the Earth.'

Erik Max Francis wrote:
> C Lund wrote:
>

>>Well, it's ok for botmatches.
>

> Sure (and you guys talking about it has made me start playing the single
> player again).
>
> But one thing's for sure, I'll never forget playing TERRA2 and a packed
> server.

Yes the good old days, Terra was my fav!

Joe Richards wrote:

> Yes the good old days, Terra was my fav!

Yeah, I remember the first time I played MPTERRA2 (it doesn't show up in
any of the single player menus, so when I joined a server running it I
was aware it was a "hidden" map) -- I was totally blown away.

This thread has made me seek out Team Arena servers over the past week.
I've found a few that are periodically up, but almost all are running
mods like SCTA.

--
__ Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis
\__/ Bring me men / Bring me men who'll turn the page
-- Lamya

In article <40A14564.2E4E0F70@alcyone.com>, max@alcyone.com says...
[snip]
> This thread has made me seek out Team Arena servers over the past week.
> I've found a few that are periodically up, but almost all are running
> mods like SCTA.

I mourn the death of the AGQx weekly TA game, which were among the best
games of Quake 3 I have ever played. Any chance of reviving this?

-MoonJihad