What should i do with my computer?

Justinnnnn

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I just currently bought a new computer. Its a hp Pavilion Elite It has 8GB of RAM 1000GB Hard drive AMD phenom X4 9550 Quad-core Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE 256MB dedicated to graphix 64-bit windows vista home premium. This computer has so many problems, for example, with java i get the error( A fatal error has been detected by the java runtime enviroment). Some games it will just close out of and say somthing about nividia failing then restarting. I am willing to buy anything or do anything needed. Please post some suggestions

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
It depends on how much time you want to waste trying to figure out all these problems.

Personally, I like tinkering, so I'd so some troubleshooting. I'd check it for virus' and spyware first. I'd run Memtest86 to test the memory. I'd run a hard drive diagnostic tool. I'd monitor the temperature of my processor and video card. I'd make sure all my drivers are up to date. You could download the ultimate boot CD, it has a bunch of great tools built in.

If you don't want to waste time figuring out what is wrong, you could try a repair install. If that doesn't work, then format it and start over.

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
My last HP computer was back in 1999-2000, I would make sure all updates are done and make sure you have the latest bios./ They are pretty good on keeping updating everyhting, you justr got to make sure you keep it up to date. That sounds like out of date bios or chipset. I remember even having to update the firmware in my hp pavillion. It does get that crazy, HP 8776c rules!!!!!!.

I just tuned up a kid's computer the other day. He described the problem as, "hardware." Fixed over 500 Registry errors. Removed 10GBs of Junk files. Hundreds of instances of Spyware. All MS OS updates. Direst X update. Video card drivers. Updated Anti virus AVG. Also Java.com latest version. Etc, Like new. I would suggest running this free software.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Edit: Godspeed.