two-dogs

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Hi I am new to your forum and to most this is going to be a stupid question. This all started when I had problems with my sound card. To make a long story short I tried to reinstall windows using the repair option an a gateway recover disk, the problem is that I have a Dell. Now when it fired up I don't have all the drivers or they are just not compatible with the Dell. I went to the device manager and there are those annoying question marks besides the video and Ethernet. Since I have totally messed up with the install I will just have to make it back to stock a clean install. I have an xp disk but it still comes back the same way. So how can I get it to format and have it back to a clean install.........thanks.......two-dogs

G

Call Dell and request an XP disk and a drivers disk for your computer.

Grumpy

two-dogs

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Thanks aford10 I was able to get the video going with one download but I need the ethernet one could you point it to me. What I thought was the one I needed didn't work..........thanks......two-dogs

two-dogs

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
Ok an update all is good I didn't have to get a disk, I was able to ask Dell on there support site and they told me what driver I needed.... I want to thank all of you for all your advice and help .........I am sure I will be back again, I know enough about computers just to be dangerous............two-dogs

two-dogs

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I know now that you can't mix systems it causes all kinds of problems. I learned a lot in the last couple of days now I will have to go and find my programs all over oh well I guess that is called learning on the cheap lol lol.........two-dogs