Researchers Produce Chemically Operated Neuro-memory Chip

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
well 40 hours is good but they're working on the bad cells,

they're working on the cell that you use while acquiring information.
information remains there for a maximum of 40 hours before starting to interfering with each other creating illogical information... as anybody will without sleeping for about 40 hours in a row.

brain cells works in a certain pattern and there's specialized cells to do different tasks.

type 1 cells : getting new information and assimilate it...
keeps information for 40 hours ( can be as low as 12 hours ) this cell receive information from other zones in your brain.

while you sleep, type 1 cells compile information, compress it and probably encrypt it at this point. so you can't remember EVERYTHING you know at the same time. that's where the delay when you access memories come from.

while you sleep, type 2 cells makes a checkup, a map of where is the information stored. where are the cells about what happened before, ( something usefull would be a time-stamp... so i can remember if something happened 3 or 4 years ago... ) then, while the information transits by the active cells (type 3 cells) to be re-located, i dream bout the content of these cells. and that's why when you're violently awaken, you're still into a dream state for a few seconds. and that's also why, you need several hours in a row... if you don't sleep, information is saturated in your type 1 brain cells and you start earing sounds and seeing things. those are parts of your memory. yo feel dizzy and information enters slower than it should causing colour fading leading to eye sensibility, and echoing sounds leading to irritability. this reaction is in order to push you to find a calm place and close your eyes... lol...

type 3 cells are the active cells... you're thinking with it, those cells have several use. a "reserved" part of it makes you dream. another part makes you think. and if you want to remember what you've dreamed about, you must transfer it by thinking about it before it's deleeted. when you wake up during a dream, you remember and think about it... parts from your dream are now in your "non-reserved" brain cells. if you haven't, you won't remember what you've dreamed about. then, if you concentrate yourself for a very long time about it, you'll remember parts of it but... most if it will have been deleeted. i pretend that remembering my dreams could involve keeping useless data. the part of my active cells i'm actively using are part of the cortex (type 3 zone) which makes imagination possible. that zone makes imagination possible. i can create a memory that isn't incoming from any other parts of my brain. of course, this will be deleeted as soon as i sleep if i don't focus on assimilating it. i may think about a random name, number, ANYTHING, but it will be gone unless i've seen it, heard it, ...

facts: you can't assimilate new information while you sleep. because everything happening isn't fowarded to other zones. if and information is big enough to avoid being ignored, you slowly stop the dreaming and transfering process and you'll fell unable to remember several things and feel dizzy. listening to a tape while sleeping in order to learn is totally stupid. jus thinking about what you want to remember before you go to sleep will have better success. especially if you remember it when you wake up, you're done with it. it's learned....

facts: if you don't sleep during more than you capacity, you won't remember random events of your day after you slept. if you use cafeine or speeds, you won't have better results, you will suffer from memory losses after a few days and it can even be dangerous for your active cells. other cells could also suffer from it in a certain way.

working on type 3 cells is like putting info into a ram chip to get info back later... it works but... you need flash memory to retain the information.

think about it... brain cells use the lowest voltage ever made. it's not even touched by Electro Magnetic Pulses ( as heart will be as requiring more electricity ) you have memories that is untouched while passing by a magnet. direct electric shouldn't alter memories but it can also stop a heartbeat. all of this generating no more than 40 Celcius through a real-time water-cooling. self produicing electricity by micro-combustion

truly, we're high tech riggs... better don't try to overclock, we're perfect.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Ahhh a lot of facts there dude. Not sure if I totally agree with them and I kinda wonder if they are facts or just an opinion of how the brain works. For example..

You said: facts: you can't assimilate new information while you sleep. because everything happening isn't fowarded to other zones. if and information is big enough to avoid being ignored, you slowly stop the dreaming and transfering process and you'll fell unable to remember several things and feel dizzy. listening to a tape while sleeping in order to learn is totally stupid. jus thinking about what you want to remember before you go to sleep will have better success. especially if you remember it when you wake up, you're done with it. it's learned....

So when you are sleeping and the radio or tv is on and what is on the radio or TV is incorporated into your dream....I have experienced this myself. I would say that is assimilating new imformation while sleeping. What is your source for your facts?

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
So when you are sleeping and the radio or tv is on and what is on the radio or TV is incorporated into your dream....I have experienced this myself. I would say that is assimilating new imformation while sleeping. What is your source for your facts?[/quote said:
simpler. if you're dreaming of something in your immediate environment, it's that you're not in the deepest phase of sleep, if you're including radio into your dream, then you're in an unstability state... as when you're performing a defrag with a GOOD software, the defrag is less efficient. then, i bet when you woke up, you had a headache of felt weak for the rest of the day ( that is an opinion ) but nevertheless, i never said all 8 hours of sleep was used in that way. there's several sleeping states... at least 1 hour of sleeping is required to start the"defrag" and another is required to stop it. then, can you tell how long is a dream ? a dream can be hours long but when you wake up, you'll only remember the 10 last minutes. NOTHING IS BEING LEARNED BY LONG TERM MEMORY CELLS. you can still remember what haven't been deleeted when you woke up... then, if you don't try to remember it, it's deleeted while you're awake as soon as you overwrite it with your own thought. if you think about what you dreamed of, you'll remember for a longer time. but the information will never be as exact as a real event.