unread mail messages ?

May 29, 2005 2:48:01 PM

Hello,

Here's a basic question. When I boot WinXP and get to the screen with a
list of accounts to log on, I see "### unread mail messages" by one of them.
Where can I find what e-mail account this is tied to?

Thanks - Dave

More about : unread mail messages

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:52:20 PM

The Welcome screen is displayed by default on Windows XP Home Edition-based
computers and on Windows XP Professional-based computers that are not
members of a domain. Under your name on the Welcome screen, there is a
hyperlink that indicates the number of unread e-mail messages. If you click
this link, it reveals which account the messages are from, and how many each
e-mail provider contains. For example, if you have three unread e-mail
messages, and you click the hyperlink under your name, you see the following
information (where UserID is your user name for the corresponding e-mail
account):
UserID@msn.com (2)
UserID@hotmail.com (1)
The hyperlink is displayed only if you have an e-mail client that is capable
of updating the Welcome screen running on your computer. Currently, there
are only two programs that support this feature: Microsoft Outlook Express
and Microsoft Windows Messenger.

news:D C68A738-580D-4A6B-A83B-0B958F16330E@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> Here's a basic question. When I boot WinXP and get to the screen with a
> list of accounts to log on, I see "### unread mail messages" by one of
> them.
> Where can I find what e-mail account this is tied to?
>
> Thanks - Dave
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 9:23:05 PM

Hi,

Overview of Mail Notification Display on WinXP Welcome Screen [Q304148]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/