Time Warner HDTV and FOX

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
January 18, 2005 5:55:44 AM

I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with the
HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.

--
Greg
gstill007@hotmail.com

More about : time warner hdtv fox

January 18, 2005 5:55:45 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:55:44 GMT, "GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with the
>HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
>anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
>Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.

I am in Massachusetts with Comcast my cable company.

I have PBS, NBC, CBS and FOX for my local HDTV networks. No UPN or WB
although I have heard rumors that UPN and maybe WB will be added this
sprinng.

We also don't have ESPNHD.

Gary
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:55:46 AM

I have ESPN HD also on my cable system. My system is cablevision of NYC.

Phil

"Gary" <golferace2@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:55:44 GMT, "GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with
>>the
>>HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
>>anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
>>Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>

> I am in Massachusetts with Comcast my cable company.
>
> I have PBS, NBC, CBS and FOX for my local HDTV networks. No UPN or WB
> although I have heard rumors that UPN and maybe WB will be added this
> sprinng.
>
> We also don't have ESPNHD.
>

> Gary

January 18, 2005 1:46:50 PM

GMan wrote:

> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with the
> HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
> anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
> Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>
> --
> Greg
> gstill007@hotmail.com

I'm in GBay, WI......

We have no FOX-HD, UPN-HD, nor ESPN2-HD on TWCable yet...
I think that ESPN-HD & ESPN2-HD may never be shown on an OTA channel.

Our local FOX-HD owner Emmis of Indianapolis & TWC have not
come to an agreement over cost payments for FOX-HD..??

Local UPN-HD does not have a lot of HD Programming yet..

ESPN2-HD & TWC have not settled an agreement yet...
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 7:56:27 PM

Each cable providers offering is different depending on what they've
negogiated with the local stations for their digital signals and with
the other content providers. I live in Massachusetts. Charter is my
cable company and for HDTV I get ABC, FOX and NBC from Boston, NESN
(which is the Red Sox owned cable station..they show the home games in
HD), ESPN ( but not ESPN2), Discovery theater, HBOHD and ShowtimeHD.
Charter has supposedly indicated they plan to add two HD channels
this spring. Hope one is CBS.

wrote:

>I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with the
>HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
>anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
>Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.

__
Enjoy,
Paul
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:27:06 PM

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided
> with the HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN.
> Just curious if anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in
> their HDTV package? Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.

I'm in Canada and I get CBS, NBC, PBS, ABC and FOX plus occasional feeds
from CITY-TV in Toronto and Rogers Sportsnet (who sometimes rebroadcast
ESPN stuff). I also get Movie Central HD (only available in Western
Canada--in the east they get a different movie service).

So the answer is that the big five network feeds ARE available in the
Seattle and Detroit areas (I see both feeds).

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

January 19, 2005 12:02:18 AM

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with the
>HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
>anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
>Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.

In Albany NY TWC has NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS in HD. No CBS, WB or UPN.
Good thing they carry Fox, because they're not broadcasting yet. They
used to promise last September, then January, now May. UPN isn't
broadcast in HD locally anyway, and probably never will be.

Del Mibbler
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 1:53:09 AM

I have Time Warner in Houston, we have NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, FOX for the local hd
channels. We also have INHD, INHD2, HDNet, HDnet movies, Discovery, ESPN, and
TNT in HD.Plus HBO and Showtime. I am still waiting for the WB in HD. Why
doesnt a company named Time Warner have A Warner Brothers HD channel on their
lineup??
January 19, 2005 4:11:36 AM

Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Inc takes care of ABC and FOX here in Columbus.
Wish they would negotiate with Time Warner.

--
Greg
gstill007@hotmail.com
"Del Mibbler" <mibbler@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> "GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with
>>the
>>HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious if
>>anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV package?
>>Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>
> In Albany NY TWC has NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS in HD. No CBS, WB or UPN.
> Good thing they carry Fox, because they're not broadcasting yet. They
> used to promise last September, then January, now May. UPN isn't
> broadcast in HD locally anyway, and probably never will be.
>
> Del Mibbler
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 7:47:35 AM

Sinclair also takes care of ABC and FOX here in Dayton, OH. We have both on
TWCs HD cable line-up.

--Brian

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Inc takes care of ABC and FOX here in
Columbus.
> Wish they would negotiate with Time Warner.
>
> --
> Greg
> gstill007@hotmail.com
> "Del Mibbler" <mibbler@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> > "GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with
> >>the
> >>HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just curious
if
> >>anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV
package?
> >>Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
> >
> > In Albany NY TWC has NBC, ABC, Fox and PBS in HD. No CBS, WB or UPN.
> > Good thing they carry Fox, because they're not broadcasting yet. They
> > used to promise last September, then January, now May. UPN isn't
> > broadcast in HD locally anyway, and probably never will be.
> >
> > Del Mibbler

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:17:45 AM

I am in Cocoa, Florida. Your staions plus ABC, Fox Disc CH.

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with
> the HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just
> curious if anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their
> HDTV package? Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>
> --
> Greg
> gstill007@hotmail.com

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:31:43 AM

"SpiderManHouston" <spidermanhouston@aol.com> wrote in message
>I have Time Warner in Houston, we have NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, FOX for the
>local hd
> channels. We also have INHD, INHD2, HDNet, HDnet movies, Discovery, ESPN,
> and
> TNT in HD.Plus HBO and Showtime. I am still waiting for the WB in HD. Why
> doesnt a company named Time Warner have A Warner Brothers HD channel on
> their
> lineup??

Based on my discussions with Time-Warner and the local WB station here in
Austin, the problem is not with Warner Brothers but is with the owner of the
WB affilliate station, with whom TW is supposedly negotiating. But here,
that is the same company that owns the local NBC affilliate, which is
already has an HD channel on the cable, so I can't imagine why it should be
such a big deal. Yet, it is the same situation -- no WB HD on the cable.

mack
austin
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 5:39:46 AM

In south TX we get NBC, TNT, ESPN, IN HI-DEF1&2, PBS, Discovery, HBO and ST.

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with
> the HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just
> curious if anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their
> HDTV package? Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>
> --
> Greg
> gstill007@hotmail.com

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:00:54 PM

In my area, Time Warner provides ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS HD feeds over the
standard package (non-digital tier). If you move up to the digital tier and
get the HD package, then I think you get TNT, ESPN, Discovery?, INHD, etc.
To receive these channels for the standard package, you have to have a tuner
capable of decoding these digital channels. My Sony set does this without
the need for a cablecard. If I want the other HD channels, I would need to
pay more and to get a cablecard from them (or one of their set top boxes).
I get so many more HD channels OTA that it is hard to justify paying Time
Warner more money except it might be nice to have TNT and a few of the
others that I cannot get OTA.

Jeff

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided with
> the HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just
> curious if anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their
> HDTV package? Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>
> --
> Greg
> gstill007@hotmail.com

January 22, 2005 3:19:26 AM

(((Response from Time Warner)))

Thank you for writing,

Currently Time Warner Cable does not have permission from the Sinclair
Broadcasting Group, the parent company of WSYX and WTTE, to broadcast
these channels in HD. This is a decision from the corporate group and is
currently out of the control of WSYX, WTTE and Time Warner Cable. Our
system is ready to support these channels, we just need permission from
Sinclair Broadcasting Group in order to make these channels available
through the cable system.

We have not received word if ESPN2HD will be added to our service yet.
--
Thank you,

Jason
January 24, 2005 2:16:25 PM

GMan wrote:
> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided
with the
> HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just
curious if
> anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV
package?
> Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>
> --
> Greg
> gstill007@hotmail.com

In Houston, for local networks TimeWarner offers: CBS, NBC, PBS, ABC
and FOX in HD (no WB or UPN, although on my 8VSB tuner I can pull WB
and UPN in HD just fine over the air). In Houston TimeWarner has
offered FOX in HD for over a year now (in spite of lack of content),
however this past session FOX has started offering most all of their
prime time content in HD (even "reality" shows such as American Idol).
No ESPN2HD.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:57:50 PM

"GMan" <gstill007@hotmail.com> wrote in news:i_gId.14816$QC5.10505
@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

> (((Response from Time Warner)))
>

> Thank you for writing,
>
> Currently Time Warner Cable does not have permission from the Sinclair
> Broadcasting Group, the parent company of WSYX and WTTE, to broadcast
> these channels in HD. This is a decision from the corporate group and
is
> currently out of the control of WSYX, WTTE and Time Warner Cable. Our
> system is ready to support these channels, we just need permission
from
> Sinclair Broadcasting Group in order to make these channels available
> through the cable system.
>
> We have not received word if ESPN2HD will be added to our service yet.

This is a huge issue with Sinclair. I missed last years Super Bowl in HD
because Sinclair owns the local CBS affiliate and it is not on Comcast
here. Luckily for me, Viacom is close to agreement to buy the station
from Sinclair and Comcast has a blanket agreement with Comcast for O&O
stations. Just have to wait for the deal to close.

Mike
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:40:10 AM

<jeremy@pdq.net> wrote in message

> GMan wrote:
>> I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Currently the only local channels provided
> with the
>> HDTV package from Time Warner are CBS, NBC, PBS, and UPN. Just
> curious if
>> anyone in other locations has ABC and FOX included in their HDTV
> package?
>> Also, is ESPN2HD available? Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Greg
>> gstill007@hotmail.com
>
> In Houston, for local networks TimeWarner offers: CBS, NBC, PBS, ABC
> and FOX in HD (no WB or UPN, although on my 8VSB tuner I can pull WB
> and UPN in HD just fine over the air). In Houston TimeWarner has
> offered FOX in HD for over a year now (in spite of lack of content),
> however this past session FOX has started offering most all of their
> prime time content in HD (even "reality" shows such as American Idol).
> No ESPN2HD.

Contacted Time Warner here is Corpus Christi, TX and was told that they
broadcast what the local affiliate provides and that I should contact them
about now receiving FOX. How do you determine who the local affiliate is?
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:06:20 PM

"Jack Dotson" <jdotson@stx.rr.com> wrote

> Contacted Time Warner here is Corpus Christi, TX and was told that they
> broadcast what the local affiliate provides and that I should contact them
> about now receiving FOX. How do you determine who the local affiliate is?

Isn't your FOX affilliate in Corpus KDF-TV, Channel 47? Owned by KRIS
Communications, that also owns the NBC affilliate, Channel 6.

mack
austin
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 4:02:53 AM

"Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
message news:wnsJd.64748$Ta2.1197@fe2.texas.rr.com...

> "Jack Dotson" <jdotson@stx.rr.com> wrote
>
>> Contacted Time Warner here is Corpus Christi, TX and was told that they
>> broadcast what the local affiliate provides and that I should contact
>> them about now receiving FOX. How do you determine who the local
>> affiliate is?
>
> Isn't your FOX affilliate in Corpus KDF-TV, Channel 47? Owned by KRIS
> Communications, that also owns the NBC affilliate, Channel 6.
>
> mack
> austin

Not sure Mack, but now I have place to start looking. Thanks for the info.
!