das_limpet

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Greetings everyone, I need a hand....

So; I've received a commissioned project that I thought would be rather simple; but apparently it isn't as simple as I had hoped.

I have been given a 20 second video of a tree going right before your eyes...The person who gave it to me to work with wants to have it loop on their website...

My problem is; I dunno how the heck to force it to loop constantly... (She wants it used as part of the sites header, like an intro video that constantly plays at the top of the site...)

So; do you have any ideas of what I can do to force it to loop? Are there any programs that I can use to edit the video to add in a loop at the very end to have it just keep repeating?

I need help; because I've become rather poor; and I've been promised a nice commission if I can do this... ((saving up for a new laptop; mine is in terrible shape))

So any advice would be MUCH appreciated....thank you~

Limpet~

mangoletsi

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009

Hello,

You have 2 options,

1, is to use the video clip as it is, and use the coding in the webpage to loop the video forever.

2, is to take stills from the video and make them into an animated gif image.

das_limpet

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
So; other than the two aforementioned options; I can do nothing else?

What about Adobe After Effects? I've a copy of that laying around here somewhere...

Could that make it loop?

If not; what would I need to do to make it into an animated gif? ((Also; would it lose quality this way?))

Sorry to be a bother; this is just relatively important to me.

Limpet~

mangoletsi

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009

Unfortuneately, yes you will loose quality when converted to a gif image.
So this only leaves you with looping the video forever using the coding in the webpage.

das_limpet

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Thanks a lot!

This saves my hide~ I'll inform my client immediately about what we need to do.

You're a life saver!

Limpet~