Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 7 and assembler

Last response: in Applications
Share
March 25, 2010 4:41:56 AM

Hey guys!

I am trying to find a way to program and compile some assembler code in windows 7 64 bit,
BUT it seems that the 'debug' command has been removed,
and 'tasm, and 'nasm' won't work with a 64 bit version of windows.

Anyone have a easy-how-to guide or something on how to do assembler code on windows 7 64 bit?

Any help is much appreciated!

More about : windows assembler

March 29, 2010 7:53:13 AM

Ailen said:
Hey guys!

I am trying to find a way to program and compile some assembler code in windows 7 64 bit,
BUT it seems that the 'debug' command has been removed,
and 'tasm, and 'nasm' won't work with a 64 bit version of windows.

Anyone have a easy-how-to guide or something on how to do assembler code on windows 7 64 bit?

Any help is much appreciated!


Try Microsoft Macro Assembler 64-bit here is more ifno
a b L Programming
a b $ Windows 7
March 29, 2010 8:26:40 AM

Yasm supports 64-bit assembly. This sort of thing is much easier in Linux.

Have fun - it's great having those extra registers to play with.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
March 29, 2010 3:15:48 PM

ooh, its been a while since i have used ASM (M68k, x86 fro 486, Z80)

might have to play around with this a bit
April 25, 2011 9:48:54 AM

Quote:


it didn't works with 64-bit ,only compatible with 32-bit OS ,try ti find some other assembler that compatible with 64-bits

Regards: fadi


a b L Programming
a b $ Windows 7
April 27, 2011 3:35:51 AM

You could always run DOS in a virtual machine.
a b L Programming
a b $ Windows 7
April 27, 2011 3:37:23 AM

You can also compile inlined assembler within C with the free Visual Studio Express.
a b L Programming
a b $ Windows 7
April 27, 2011 7:40:11 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
You could always run DOS in a virtual machine.

Good luck trying to compile 64-bit code in DOS.
a b L Programming
a b $ Windows 7
April 27, 2011 7:41:50 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
You can also compile inlined assembler within C with the free Visual Studio Express.

You have to jump through a few hoops to get Visual Express C++ to produce 64-bit code, although it is possible. A purpose built assembler such as masm or yasm is much easier if you want to play with 64-bit assembler.
a b L Programming
a b $ Windows 7
May 5, 2011 8:04:36 PM

Ijack said:
Good luck trying to compile 64-bit code in DOS.

The OP said nothing about 64-bit code, just that he was running on Win7 64 bit.....
!