In-game communication software?

I'm sure there must be software to do this.

One of my Q3-playing friends is just about to get broadband and I'm looking
forward to kicking his butt all over the place but is there a way for us to
communicate while in the game? Not so we can gang up on people, more so I
can let him know when I've got to go for dinner or when we want to look for
another server...

Any thoughts?

thanks,

More about game communication software

    h wrote:
    > I'm sure there must be software to do this.
    >
    > One of my Q3-playing friends is just about to get broadband and I'm
    > looking forward to kicking his butt all over the place but is there a
    > way for us to communicate while in the game? Not so we can gang up on
    > people, more so I can let him know when I've got to go for dinner or
    > when we want to look for another server...
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > thanks,

    Yes you can both run a program to speak to each other during games.Ussally
    this involves 1 of u setting up a server for the program and the other
    connecting to your programs server ip so you can chat.

    roger wilco http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/ and team speak
    http://www.teamspeak.org are the usual ones used by clans.

    ventrillo is probably the best one i've ever used but it does use more
    bandwidth than the others http://www.ventrilo.com/

    some more here
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=voice+chat+software

    "h" <h@howiem.dontspam.meee.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sure there must be software to do this.

    Thanks, much appreciated :)

    you need teamspeak.a server is set up and you both talk via the software
    independent of q3 with q3 running a game...I dont think punkbuster allows
    teamspeak or other voice communications.but unsure.....anyway
    http://www.teamspeak.org/
    simon aka maul

    "h" <h@howiem.dontspam.meee.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sure there must be software to do this.
    >
    > One of my Q3-playing friends is just about to get broadband and I'm
    looking
    > forward to kicking his butt all over the place but is there a way for us
    > communicate while in the game? Not so we can gang up on people, more so I
    > can let him know when I've got to go for dinner or when we want to look
    for
    > another server...
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > thanks,