In-game communication software?

Last response: in Video Games
May 12, 2004 6:57:11 PM

I'm sure there must be software to do this.

One of my Q3-playing friends is just about to get broadband and I'm looking
forward to kicking his butt all over the place but is there a way for us to
communicate while in the game? Not so we can gang up on people, more so I
can let him know when I've got to go for dinner or when we want to look for
another server...

Any thoughts?

thanks,

May 12, 2004 7:34:08 PM

h wrote:
> I'm sure there must be software to do this.
>
> One of my Q3-playing friends is just about to get broadband and I'm
> looking forward to kicking his butt all over the place but is there a
> way for us to communicate while in the game? Not so we can gang up on
> people, more so I can let him know when I've got to go for dinner or
> when we want to look for another server...
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> thanks,

Yes you can both run a program to speak to each other during games.Ussally
this involves 1 of u setting up a server for the program and the other
connecting to your programs server ip so you can chat.

roger wilco http://rogerwilco.gamespy.com/ and team speak
http://www.teamspeak.org are the usual ones used by clans.

ventrillo is probably the best one i've ever used but it does use more
bandwidth than the others http://www.ventrilo.com/

some more here
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UT...
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 5:33:03 PM

"h" <h@howiem.dontspam.meee.com> wrote in message
> I'm sure there must be software to do this.

Thanks, much appreciated :)

May 13, 2004 10:45:27 PM

you need teamspeak.a server is set up and you both talk via the software
independent of q3 with q3 running a game...I dont think punkbuster allows
teamspeak or other voice communications.but unsure.....anyway
http://www.teamspeak.org/
simon aka maul