/ Sign-up
Your question

Dlink DI-624 question

  • Laptops
  • D-Link
  • Wireless Adapter
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 23, 2007 10:05:11 PM

I bought a Dlink DI-624 router several years ago and set it up to accept two hard wired PC's. I want to add a laptop to our network via wireless access. The manual says that I need a Dlink wireless adapter card but I thought that I would be able to use the laptops internal wireless card.

Is the manual telling me this because the DI-624 is an older model and when they printed the manual most laptops didn't come with internal cards or do I need to buy a Dlink wireless adapter?

More about : dlink 624 question

a b D Laptop
December 24, 2007 12:08:43 PM

I believe you only need a D-Link wireless card if you want to use Super G. You should be able to connect using the built-in G adapter in your laptop.

December 24, 2007 1:21:39 PM

Thanks for your reply Grumpy!!