June 30, 2009 11:58:54 PM

i have windows vista ultimate x64

asus m3a78-t
amd phenom II x4 920 at stock
evga gtx 260
bfg 550w psu
160gb hdd
4gb ddr2 1066

when i play call of duty 5 it will crash and tell me this program has encountered a problem and needs to close.
i was wondering if anyone had a solution. i have reinstalled the game twice and applied the patches.
July 1, 2009 7:50:54 PM

Personally, I'd start with checking CPU/GPU temperature as well as the RAM voltages.

On a side note, what do you think about that graphics card? I was eyeballing it myself.
July 1, 2009 10:38:36 PM

i have temperatures that are fine for both cpu and gpu and everything worked fine on xp but as soon as i upgraded i couldt play certain games. the voltages are all normal what do you mean my video card. it will play many games but does get a little hot but i also have the haf to make up for that. wont go above 70c on crysis with 100% fan speed
Related resources
July 1, 2009 10:40:20 PM

The video card will play most of the games you will throw at it besides crysis. For a geming card it scores an 8 out of 10 but on the bad side, you need phenomanal cooling. It does the job. DO NOT OVERCLOCK IT. it will fry
July 2, 2009 12:11:49 AM

Thanks for the info.

Have you used a different driver for your video card?

I've never tried this, but in the control panel there is "problem reports and solutions" utility. Maybe that will have something to say.

You could also check out the event viewer and see if anything funny is recorded.
July 2, 2009 4:01:45 AM

it says it will inform me when a solution is available......... NOT
!