HP compaq 6720s windows xp Lan driver needed

futuremind

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2007
I bought a HP 6720s and now i am not able to get the XP drivers....... can anybody tell me where can i find them or if not then can anybody tell me that in how many days can i return the product back to HP????
I also doiing this:
Guys i FOUND it. It's the standard intel driver(82562GT)we all tried so far. The O/S doesn't handle the resources it allocates to it correctly and that cannot be changed.So I did a new windows XP installation and removed the ACPI at startup. After that windows handles the NIC correctly. Here is the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216251/. You need to choose standard pc.
After that I installed the network card first and it WORKS.
==========================================================
after doing above steps LAN is working, but vga card not works.
==========================================================
I did a new windows XP installation and removed the ACPI at startup.
During the first phase of Setup, at the Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration screen, press the F5 key.
2. Select the appropriate HAL, or Select Other to specify a third-party HAL. The available HALs include:
and i select
Standard PC instead of ACPI Multiprocessor PC
after doing this NIC card is working fine but grpahic card is not working , pleae suggest any tip regarding this.

I bought a HP 6720s and now i am not able to get the XP drivers....... can anybody tell me where can i find them or if not then can anybody tell me that in how many days can i return the product back to HP????

XP drivers are on the installation CD. Your system's chipset drivers (system/driver/utilities CD) contain the MB's specific LAN drivers. HP website product page should update your systems's drivers as new versions become available. If you paid for your system by credit card, you certainly have 30 days to return it HP.

G

Hi, dear, its very easy go to the www.hp.com
and you click on the supports & drivers
then enter your model 6720s
you will get a xp and also vista drivers and there you download the drivers
its very easy
if you have any problem
then call me
+966540098652

Hi, dear, its very easy go to the www.hp.com
and you click on the supports & drivers
then enter your model 6720s
you will get a xp and also vista drivers and there you download the drivers
its very easy
if you have any problem
then call me
+966540098652

+966540098652

Hello. The thread you are replying to is from 2007. OP no longer needs to or never has had a reason to call you. Bye.

JackSZN

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Upgrading the BIOS makes it working properly!!!Thank you so much for your support, you made my day,!!

Jack