Toshiba 36SW9UA 86Cm Widescreen HD, Need some Feedback abo..

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 19, 2005 6:51:58 AM

I want to buy a 86cm TV Crt. But ive had some trouble all the TVS i
have wanted all lacked somthing. The Panasonic 86 lacked 720p, the
Sony was just to expensive for what it is, and the rest
Palsonic,Phillips,ect well best left alone.

Yet the Toshiba has everything i want. But i need to know a few
things.

A/ Does it have progresive scan ?

B/ Whats the Picture quality ?

C/ HD TV is it fully HD ? nothing missing ?

D/ Quality, will it fall apart on me :) , i know they are made in china
i think, not that that is abad thing.

C/ Does it have all the connectors on it i would need, compared to
other TVS ??. I wish to connect it up to me TV, what method would you
suggest. Wish to have my PC be a media centre for my Divx and other
movies.

Anything else you would like to please do, ive got the money and ive
been waiting 2 years for a TV that is worthy of my money.

Thanks.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 6:54:42 AM

Heres the info from the website :)

The Url is
http://www.castel.com.au/Toshiba/ProductDetail.asp?Bran...

If you want to have a closer look.

Toshiba 36SW9UA (HD)

RRP: $4,999.00

36SW9UA Digital Hyper - Toshiba's proprietary technology - has the
ability to convert all input signals into high-resolution signals.
Horizontal pixels can reach upto 1931 lines while vertical scanning
can achieve 1152 lines (based on 576i/576p input signal). To
supplement the High Definition conversion, 36SW9UA also realizes 3 new
technologies, namely the Digital Hyper Signal Processing System,
Diagonal Line Improvement System, and New Fine Cinema Mode. The
built-in card slot (for digital camera SD-Card and Smart Media Card)
enables you to simply slot in the card and enjoy high quality images
on a big screen instantly.

To search for your nearest retailer enter your postcode on the Dealer
section page.

* Digital Hyper Signal Processing System
* 16:9 Flat Widescreen
* High Definition Compatible* (720p/1080i 50/60Hz)
* Bridge Media (SD Card and Smart Media Card Slot)
* Double Window
* Fine-Pitch CRT
* 2 DVD Component Video Inputs
* 3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC)
* SRS WOW Sound System
* Super Woofer

Model 36SW9UA
Screen Size 86cm
Aspect Ratio 16:9 Widescreen
Receiving System PAL/NTSC/SECAM
Hyper Tuner Yes
Fastext Yes
Sound NICAM (BG,I,DK)/German Stereo (BG)
100Hz Scanning Yes
Digital Hyper Yes
Digital Line Improvement System Yes
New Cinema Mode 3:2/2:2 Pull Down
High Definition Compatible* 1080i/720p (50/60Hz)
CRT Fine-Pitch CRT
Bridge Media (Card Slot) SD / Smart Media
Digital Window Double Window / Channel Search / Strobe
3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC) Yes
Digital Noise Reduction Yes
Audio Output (10%RMS) 12W x 2 + 16W
Full Range Speakers 8 x 12cm
Surround SRS WOW Yes
Multi-lingual OSD English/Chinese/Malay/Vietnamese/Thai
Auto Search Memory (ASM) Yes
On/Off Timer Yes
Blue Black Control Yes
No Signal Mute Yes
Selectable Picture Yes
Selectable Sound Yes
DVD Component Video Input 2
S-Video Input 1
AV Input 3
AV Output 1
Front AV Input S+RCA
Automatic Voltage Regulator 220-240V
Power Consumption 215W
Dimensions (W x H x D)mm 935 x 625 x 604
Weight (net)kg 75.2

* When connected to a set-top box

Note Design and specifications are subject to change without notice
!